• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by iMic

1. I

DECpc LPv+ 486 Ideal Cache Speed and Type

I settled on the Cypress CY7C199-20PC 20ns cache ICs. Another spare DECpc LPv board I had already had four installed, so it made it much cheaper to just purchase the remaining four (ended up getting a reasonable deal on 6, so I'll have a couple of spares) and then sort out the Tag. Sounds like...
  2. I

DECpc LPv+ 486 Ideal Cache Speed and Type

Hi folks, I'm reassembling a rather good condition Digital Equipment DECpc LPv+ at the moment. It was originally a 486 DX-33, but it's now running a DX2-66, which is about as far forward as I'll be going with the processor. Really the machine is meant to be a hobby system for DOS to low-level...
  3. I

ai Electronics PC16 (ai-PC16) 286 Laptop - BIOS Setup

I recently acquired an ai Electronics al-PC16 286 laptop computer here in Australia. Great condition, all working perfectly, however I had to perform some preventative maintenance as the onboard Ni-CD battery was tired and showing some minor oxidation. Removed it, no board damage. All looked...
  4. I

WTB: IBM ThinkPad (370, 755, etc.) Upper Cover, or Complete System / For Parts (AUS)

I'm attempting to track down another somewhat difficult to find component to complete a build. This time, it's for an IBM ThinkPad 755C. I'm specifically chasing the Upper Cover, IBM Part No. (FRU No.) 84G4318 or 84G2354. The part is used across several models that use the same design, and I...
  5. I

WTB: IBM NetVista / Aptiva - System or Individual Parts (AUS)

Serious long shot here, but... I recently managed to find an IBM NetVista 2184, c. 2000. We bought one of these machines when they were new, and although it's an average computer in terms of specs, and not particularly reliable, I always wanted to find and rebuild one. Unfortunately this...
  6. I

Near Perfect IBM Aptiva with Broken Front Panel

Thought I'd ask how others would approach this problem, because at the moment I haven't the slightest clue. I purchased an IBM Aptiva 2161-E84, P166 MMX machine for running older DOS/Windows 9x applications on. I went, inspected the machine, it looked good, and figured I had a possible winner...
  7. I

WTB: MFM Hard Drive, IBM Model F Keyboard, Generic AT Case (Australia)

Hi, I'm looking for some components to finish my IBM 5160 restoration project and possibly complete another machine build. Specifically in order of priority: 1. MFM Hard Drive Preferably Full Height but all drives considered. 10MB/20MB, intended for use with an IBM Xebec controller. Seagate...
  8. I

MFM Drive Mechanical Repair

Hi, I'm currently in the process of repairing and restoring an IBM 5160 XT, manufactured here in Australia at IBM's former Wangaratta, VIC plant. It seems like whenever I search for information, Google directs me here, so I figured it was about time I created an account. (If anyone wants to...
Back