• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: IBM ThinkPad (370, 755, etc.) Upper Cover, or Complete System / For Parts (AUS)

iMic

I'm attempting to track down another somewhat difficult to find component to complete a build. This time, it's for an IBM ThinkPad 755C.

I'm specifically chasing the Upper Cover, IBM Part No. (FRU No.) 84G4318 or 84G2354. The part is used across several models that use the same design, and I can confirm that at least the ThinkPad 370 uses an identical cover.

755.jpg

I found one place that possibly sells them, but I contacted them via email (to confirm stock and check if it could be shipped to Australia) and received no response, so I'm not sure what to think. Shame, because it would be perfect otherwise.

https://www.thinkpcparts.com/ibm-thinkpad-775c-upper-keyboard-cover-hinge-bezel-84g4318-84g2354.html

T755c-UPPER_KBD_COV.JPG

My machine is in excellent condition, with the exception of this part. The computer has been repaired once before, and the clips that secure this cover at the front corners (where the keyboard hinges are) are both broken off.

755_CLIPS.jpg

The machine is usable, but for the sake of completing the build, it would be nice to eventually fix this.

If anyone has one of these machines, this part new or used in good condition, or knows where to find one, I'd certainly be interested to know. I'm located in Adelaide, Australia, but seeing as it's a rather small and light piece, I don't mind purchasing it from anywhere in the world.

Back