• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by JohnTheMan

1. J

Compaq Presario 7212 | Issue booting from IDE, BIOS Floppy

Hello, VCFED. I have a Compaq Presario 7212. The system is fully functional, but I am unable to boot the system from the internal IDE. I am using a CD to IDE adapter, 512MB. It works perfectly. Files read and write, installs DOS just fine. But it just won't boot on it's own. I believe this is...
  2. J

Toshiba T3100 Problems

I'm starting to make progress on my own. I now understand that very few people are experienced with this machine, or display type. The raw display comes out with some work. The first image shows the back of this display. (I have opened up the side parts. Required a heat gun to not risk damage.)...
  3. J

Toshiba T3100 Problems

Hello VCFF Community. I have recently come into possession of a Toshiba T3100, with orange gas plasma display. It has some issues and I want to get them fixed. 1. Vertical Lines on screen The screen has several dozen vertical lines. I have no clue how to fix displays, especially gas...
  4. J

Macintosh Plus 1MB trips RCD Fuse

If you plan on replacing the RIFA caps or recapping the board, I had good luck with console5.com. They sell recap kits (for axial, radial, and tantalum caps), and replacements for RIFA caps.
  5. J

Macintosh Plus chirps in a boot loop.

Hello, Federation. I have a Macintosh Plus in need of repair. When the computer is turned on, the system will restart indefinitely, making chirping noise each time. And occasionally, the computer will screech and draw random lines on the screen. I have reflowed all the solder joints, recapped...
Back