• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by LaserVision

1. L

Tandy 1400HD

Hi Seaken, I am also interested in the manual. The schematic of the internal power supply FD and HD would be highly appreciated. The machine I have is a 1400FD, upgraded with HD and controller. So I have no clue which power supply is used. Regards,
  2. L

Pacific Northwest trs-80 model 100 disk/video interface

Hi all, If somebody has another TRS-80 DVI available I would be most interested. Even without drive, cable or floppy. Or just the PCB. Thanks
  3. L

NEC PC-8201 (red and silver editions)

I just bought a Red 8201 on e-bay in working condition. Does anybody know how many were manufactured? Serial number of mine is 3400177WB. Regards
  4. L

TRS-80 Model 100 worked great, suddenly won't turn on.

If you have not yet replaced the backup battery, at least remove it. The Model 100 will work without it. But of course it will not retain its memory content when powered off. As already mentioned by NeXT, there is a serious risk of leaking when the back-up battery ages. The acid will destroy the...
  5. L

TRS-80 Model I/III graphics on my Model II.

Hi, By using a different character generator (and one extra wire) on the Model II, the machine is capable of TRS-80 Model I/III graphics. Resolution is 160 x 72 pixels, or 160 x 75 when using 25 lines instead of 24. The picture show a line drawing demo result. In order to have the graphics...
  6. L

Custom 4K ROM for Big Tandy computers like the Model II

New BigTMon version able to showi 25 lines of 80 characters on the Model II. This is without any hardware change.
  7. L

Hi Guys, I took the suggestion of loading bytes to the Model II and implemented it (together with dumping data from the Model II). This is done through the RS-232 link. Attached pictures show the text file which is uploaded by the Model 100. After uploading (Start memory location 2000h, Length...
  8. L

A new try for the pictures
  9. L

Hi, As I am working on the 512K RAM board for the model II I also needed a way to test it. For that reason I did build a 4K ROM board that connects to the original ROM socket using a flat cable. Working on the custom ROM made the RAM board development come to a temporary halt. The ROM board...
  10. L

Looking for TRS-80 Model 12 keyboard

Hi, I just acquired a TRS-80 Model 12 from Germany. The machine is missing 2 parts: - The back cover for the cage - The keyboard The machine will work without the cover, but a keyboard is more or less essential. Therefor I'm now trying to find a keyboard for the machine. Meanwhile I'll be using...
  11. L

TRS-80 Model 12 Service Manual

My "new" Model 12 My "new" Model 12 Hi Pete, I just acquired a Model 12 from Germany. The unit has type number 26-4004 and serial number 0000638. History unknown. Unfortunately the keyboard is missing and the case has some minor damage. Also missing is the panel that covers the access to the...
  12. L

Building a Model 2 512K RAM board

Hi Guys, I recently acquired a model 2. Going through the technical documentation it states that 512K of RAM is supported by design. With the board designed by Tandy that would not work as a board can only hold 64K. So there not enough slots available. Therefor I started out designing a 512K...
Back