• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by leegleason

1. leegleason

Yeah, finally, a VT55 in my collection

I hope you're not disappointed with its capabilities. It can draw what DEC callls "waveform graphics". Basically, for each X position it can draw two pixels above it, along with some added capabilty to "fill" beneath a wave, draw axes and add text. Basically intended to allow you to draw graphs...
  2. leegleason

Setting up a DECnet network with a Pro380 and Windows client?

That sounds interesting. How do you request a PRO to boot from the network?
  3. leegleason

New fans for my Micro PDP11/23

Thanks!
  4. leegleason

PDP11 - LSI11/02 and RQDX3

You can disable the memory on the MXV11, or remove the memory card and use the MXV memory. Another MXV advantage - it provides two DL11 ports, so one is the console and the other can be used with a TU58 emulator. I have a two card RT11 system in a BA11-VA, with an 11/02 processor and an MXV11...
  5. leegleason

New fans for my Micro PDP11/23

This looks great. I've been wanting to do something like this - I have two BA23s under my desk and the fans are pretty loud. Do you have the airflow specs of the old fans and these?
  6. leegleason

PDP11 - LSI11/02 and RQDX3

Lessee...if you switch an MXV11 for the DLV11, you get a console port and sockets for boot ROMs, as well as some memory. As far as a bootstrap goes, how about this one? https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/computer-science/history/pdp-11/bootstraps/mscp_rt11.txt It would be long to toggle in...
  7. leegleason

QBUS voltage and drive question

Isn't the resistor in the Frain design serving to limit the current through the transisistor, as well as serving as a pullup? Maybe that's why it's there.
  8. leegleason

Need a VT220 fuse holder

It's a pretty regular looking fuse that it holds. 1.25" long.
  9. leegleason

DEC RA92 Troubleshooting

I had dozens of RA92's back in the day. They were pretty reliable, but occasionally we'd have one fail to spin up after a shutdown. DEC FS would replace the HDA and we'd be good. One time, though, a relatively important disk failed, and there were no RA92 spares in the city. It would take 24...
  10. leegleason

Need a VT220 fuse holder

I need a new fuse holder for a VT220. It's the kind with an inline carrier that holds the fuse and screws into the fuse holder body. Anyone know of a source for this sort of holder? Or the real name of this type so I can search for one?
  11. leegleason

Dec 4000 VLC

No experience with this specifically, but with problems of this type. If you can operate it with the cover off, try blowing on parts of it with a hot air gun (not set too high) and see if you can cause the problem to occur by heat - then note what you were pointing at at the time.
  12. leegleason

Bypass capacitor for an M7551 board

OK, got the new chips (bought 5 of 'em, in case finding the right one to change turned out to be a game of desoldering whack-a-mole). I'm waiting for the bypass cap to come from Mouser, so I figured, I'd give it a try without a cap in that spot. Got the right bad chip on the first try. Worked...
  13. leegleason

Bypass capacitor for an M7551 board

Thanks!
  14. leegleason

DEC PRO380/VAX Console real time interface.

There's a ROM, but it doesn't contain any code - it was almost all 1's. I'm hoping I can find a way to load software in it and tell it to go. Writing standalone MicroVAX code is pretty trivial, so I'm sure I could get it to do something interesting...if I can just find a way to load it and tell...
Back