• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by MajorMar

1. MajorMar

Any CPMTools experts out there?

Thanks @DJ Sures for asking the question. I was pulling my hair out on this one all day. Also, Thanks @guidol for making that tool! Way better than that old Japanese one.
  2. MajorMar

Video Typewriter

I picked this up the other day, but I can't find much information on it. The label on the back says "Product Research Organization - Model 1000 Video Typewriter". I have seen a similar one on Ebay, but it was branded CooperVision and had both "video in" and "video out". Mine appears to have...
  3. MajorMar

Packard Bell PB286NB Laptop

I just picked this up, but it didn't come with a power supply and I am having a hard time finding a service manual to know the pinout of the power plug. Apparently, it expects 7.5V and 5.6V. I am not sure what kind of DIN socket this is either. Any help is much appreciated.
  4. MajorMar

IBM 5154 Troubleshooting

Well, low and behold I get 14V across C23 while it is disconnected from the main board which is what I expected! I had replaced C23, a few bad resistors, one bad transistor, and a diode in my troubleshooting but didn't see any voltage because I wasn't measuring it correctly. As you deduced from...
  5. MajorMar

Teknika MJ-22 Manual or Company Info

I picked up a Teknika MJ-22 Monitor at a recycle center and it's in really bad shape, so of course I am going to see if I can get it going again :) However, I can find virtually nothing on Google in terms of a manual for this monitor or even information about the company. Does anyone here have...
  6. MajorMar

Which power supply for this 286 clone MB?

Thanks! I probably would have put 3.3V on there otherwise. I took the time to trace the power connections from the ISA bus just to make sure my pinout was right. Then I hacked up my old ATX PS and tested it out. I am getting the right voltages, but it doesn't boot up. I will play around with it...
  7. MajorMar

Which power supply for this 286 clone MB?

So I got a hold of this no-name 286 MB. Seems to be similar to this one http://www.uncreativelabs.de/th99/m/U-Z/33636.htm I want to test it out, but then I realized there were no keyed slots in the motherboard power pin sockets like I am used to seeing with AT systems. The board says PS2 near...
  8. MajorMar

Paint Color for PC/XT case ??

Just a note that may be of interest to others. After considering the hardness issue of latex and examining the paint on some other projects I have done in the past, I decided to try out this latex paint hardener from Crown. You can get it direct or have it shipped to a Home Depot. When it comes...
  9. MajorMar

Paint Color for PC/XT case ??

I am starting down this path as well. After thoroughly cleaning I am still left with monitor rubber feet marks and some bare metal. I didn't know about Pantone 413 so I thought I would try getting some samples made at Ace Hardware just to see if they would match at all. My plan is to match as...
  10. MajorMar

Hercules GB200 Manual

Does anyone have a link to the manual for the Hercules GB200 card? It seems fairly common, but I can't seem to find a copy of the actual manual. Thanks in advance!
  11. MajorMar

IBM 5150 Won't Boot Anything But 180K Disk Images On Gotek

Update2: (Solved) It turns out the problem was in the card edge to 34 pin header converter I was using. After testing it on my "newer" PC with similar results it was obviously down to a problem on that converter board. Turns out pin 32 was not making a good connection. Which makes sense in...
  12. MajorMar

IBM 5150 Won't Boot Anything But 180K Disk Images On Gotek

I have been working on a problem for the past few weeks and I haven't been able to find a solution. Essentially, I can't get my 5150 to boot from a Gotek drive with FlashFloppy except for 180K disk images (i.e. IBM-DOS 2.11). I have read in the forums that even newer versions of DOS should run...
Back