• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by MBaNL

1. M

[C64] 1541 Disk Drive ERROR

If you've read my other topic about my C64 experience I can now say I got another one. After trying it out with the 1541 disk drive it worked perfectly but trying a second disk the fun was over... When I "LOAD" a disk I now only get "?FILE NOT FOUND ERROR". When trying the first disk, which was...
  2. M

[C64] Black screen and power LED fading till almost out.

@angel_grig, as stated in the first post... both the fuses are O.K. I also found an old XT style power supply but I get the same result as earlier (flickering screen). EDIT: some progression.... When I insert a cartridge (Final Cartridge III) I got something on screen (blue border with weird...
  3. M

[C64] Black screen and power LED fading till almost out.

I just bought a Commodore 64 which was in working order as far as I can trust the seller. When I try to power it up the TV screen turns black and the power LED goes on. Within a second the same power LED is almost off (almost, since when I turn off the C64 you can see there was some light left)...
  4. M

Unknown 8BIT ISA video card (BIOS reports: VIEAGA 1.27 ENHANCHED)

For my IBM PC XT I bought a 8BIT ISA Graphics card which does EGA mode (and apparently also CGA mode since Alley Cat is perfectly playable). I don't know anything about it and after a couple of hours searching on the internet I give it up... There no information about it... The card had no...
  5. M

5250 EMULATOR - What is it?

From our old IBM PS/2 we saved most of the parts after it died... All these years I still have an 8-BIT ISA card which is unknown to me in it's function. It says 5250 EMULATOR, a search on the web says it is an "terminal emulator"... but what does that mean and can I use it in my IBM 5160 to...
  6. M

IBM XT display (IBM 5151/5151002) How to open?

I just picked up a IBM XT along with the monitor that is sold as "dead". If I plug the power in it is complete silence (I expect a high tone from a CRT). I already have all the screws out of the bottom but there are two "things" at the top I can't get off... It's so fragile I first want to here...
  7. M

Windows for Pen for Compaq Concerto.

I own a Compaq Concerto which i bought without any disks and was hoping to find them online but I can only find them for some GRiD systems ("GRiD Model 2260" & "GRiD PadSL Model 2050"). The disks must contain one or more files with "cpqvpen.*" as the name. Compaq provides an update but that...
Back