• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Mr. Macintosh

1. M

IBM 5170 not completing POST

I’m fairly confident they’re in the right place/orientation. Now as to whether or not they’re corrupted, that’s a different story. I’ll try to acquire a set of Landmark ROMs, and maybe a 286 if I can.
  2. M

IBM 5170 not completing POST

Hi there! I’m trying to diagnose an IBM 5170 revision 2 motherboard that doesn’t seem to want to boot. I get no POST beep of course, so I went and bought a POST diagnostics card. Unfortunately, the card is telling me that the computer stops at “00” or “- -“ most of the time, which I take as it...
  3. M

Apple /// badge tarnished?

Progress! Turns out it was actually tarnished/oxidized, never seen that before! A little Brasso and lots of buffing with a microfiber cloth reveals the shining badge within.
  4. M

Apple /// badge tarnished?

Hello guys, I’m hoping someone here can help with this: I just picked up an Apple /// in otherwise good condition, but the “Apple” and “///“ badges look really dull and dark, almost to the point of blending into the dark background. Is there anything I can do (like polish) to brighten them up...
  5. M

Apple //e Disk Loading Problems

Hi there, I'm relatively new to the forums but thought I'd come to you with this problem. So I just recently got an Apple //e off of eBay and was super excited as it came with loads of software and stuff. After cosmetically cleaning it I decided to test and see if the Duodisk it came with...
Back