• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mudmin

1. M

Trying to identify this mod/bodge on an Atari 800

I have an atari 800 that had a switch with the wires broken just under the cartridge cover and a pushbutton on the right side panel. I'm trying to figure out if this is a repair or some sort of freeze/reset mod. The 2 wires on the first pic go to the button on the side. The wires on the chip...
  2. M

Does anyone recognize any of these 2 screens from my 2 Franklin Ace 1000s

I will absolutely try that. Thank you so much for the tip.
  3. M

Trackstar - Apple II clone on a PC ISA card

I just wanted to say that I appreciate your site so much. I have a trackstar 128 and the info has been amazing.
  4. M

So far no symptom changes, but this is what I've done so far. I swapped the entire daughter board at the bottom. Did not make a symptom difference on either machine. Swapped CPUs and roms. No symptoms changed. On the second one, I checked all 24 ram chips. That's about as far as I've gotten.
  5. M

Before I start tearing things apart too much, I would see if either of these screens show any particular common fault on these machines. Thanks in advance!
  6. M

Sergey's 8-Bit FDC + XT-IDE

I just wanted to chime in and thank you for the awesome explanation. I'm a big fan of your work.
  7. M

Whoa. Thanks for this. So these boot settings... OR - change the Boot Settings -> Number of Floppy Drives from Auto to 4 OR - Boot Settings -> Default boot drive - change from 80h to 82h They're on xub right?
  8. M

https://github.com/skiselev/monster-fdc/blob/main/User_Manual.md
  9. M

I will have to check the r624 part. As far as the other part. That's my issue. Sergey's documentation says What's a "newer" dos version. I'm using DOS 6.22 and getting the behavior he says should not happen. I've confirmed this behavior on 4 motherboards and had a second person with the...
  10. M

Oh sorry. Yeah. If mine isn't the latest, it's the second to latest. Plus I've used 2 cards. One I just got off ebay and one I built and flashed myself.
  11. M

I'm guessing you mean XUB but I don't know what that is.
  12. M

Please excuse my ignorance. latest version of what? I will add that there is a separate set of bugs with the FD Bios where it wouldn't even boot in an 8088 machine until it was rolled back to 2.4
  13. M

In my case it tries to boot to the third floppy drive as if it's the hard drive.
  14. M

Thanks for that. I will give that a shot. I need to see if there are options for that boot menu, mine zips past it pretty quickly.
  15. M

To give a little more context, I've tried this in about half a dozen machines now and I can get all 8 drives working, but never with a hard drive of any kind, which makes it pretty useless to me. I have to be missing something obvious. I've tried every combo of FDC 1 and 2 and DMAs and rom...
Back