• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by nunoalex

1. N

Fujitsu MO 3 1/2 drive doesn't recognize disks

thank you I will try that one of this days
  2. N

The drive knows a disc was inserted.. it spins up and moves the head to try to read I opened the drive cover and I can see the head moving a few times before it gives up :(
  3. N

I have set the jumpers on SW1 and SW2 as the manual and the result is the same All my discs are not recougnized/loaded .. this is clearly a problem with the drive But what can it be? the drive was working fine when I stored it Thanx
  4. N

Hi -0º :) The "discs" I have are both 120 and 230 mb and they are full of software that was recorded on them by that drive itself many years ago The drive never reports any error, it shows on windows normally as a "optical drive" After inserting either 120mb or 230mb disc it will just spin...
  5. N

What HDD are supported on the Seagate st11r card?

You think that changing the BIOS address location can make it run in RLL mode ? I have seen nothing on the card manual that I fond somewhere on the internet I thought changing the BIOS Address location with the jumpers is only meant to avoid conflicts with other ROM devices connected My card...
  6. N

Yes I had help before on this forum.. https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/help-with-st-11r-disk-controller.1244651/#post-1337633 the controller card I have seems to lack some circuitry like a 15khz oscilator to be able to work with RLL protocol seems seagate used the same PCB for both...
  7. N

Hi I have a 3 1/2 magneto-optic drive from fujitsu - model m2512a and it is not reading or even recognizing the disks The drive is detected by Adaptec SCSI card and Windows lists it as drive D: When I insert a disk it will spin up and the head will move once or twice as if it is attempting to...
  8. N

Question about cleaning disks

Also pay attention to the DISKS they can ruin your drive and subsequent disks you insert on the drive Google or search here Disks get mold or degrade the magnetic media and this then drags on the drive heads and scratch your disks rendering them useless then you insert another disk and the heads...
  9. N

5.25 floppy drive suddenly stopped reading disks

It is happening the same to me on both 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 disks... I have ruined disk after disk :( They all get circular scratch marks, some so deep that you can see through the disk to the other side It seems old disks degrade and start destroying themselves and then when you put another disk on...
  10. N

Seagate 21mb fire

Tantalum is used in some fireworks :)
  11. N

Old IDE drive powers down when connected

You mean it spins up and then immediately spins down ? Maybe it is not happy with that controller card
  12. N

WOW! Talk about reaching out over space and time ! This thread is from 2015... it was a long shot :) Anyway thank you very much for replying Yes I would love to hear from you when you get back home I have an ST11M even though the format bios program reports it as 11R the list of 7 compatible...
  13. N

Do you still have this card? Would you be willing to sell it ? I have a ST-251R drive but the controller card I have seems to be the ST11M and only presents MFM drives on its very very short list Mine does support the ST-225 if you want we could swap cards too Best regards Nuno
  14. N

BIOS SETUP utility inside IBM PC/AT ROM

In this case I dont think so... the hard disk has a sticker on it saying "Type 159" but the Gsetup.exe program only sees 47 different types so I am looking for alternatives ...
  15. N

BIOS SETUP utility inside IBM PC/AT ROM

Will this work on a 286 motherboard that has a onboard SCSI controller ? I have a peculiar XEROX 286 computer that has a motherboard with a SCSI controller and there seems to be no setup program even though there is a message at boot saying "Options ROM found: 1" I have been using a setup disk...
Back