• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by obsol33t

1. O

The South PDP-11/45

If you still have this system, can you please take photos and measurements of the large black metal sheet below the tape drive? I'd like to have a replica manufactured to replace a bunch of pop panels below mine. I'd want to see the back side too to understand how it is made.
  2. O

Ontario WTB: IBM 8525 PS/2 Model 25-286 or 386

I'm looking to buy a later model PS/2 Model 25 with 286 or 386 processor and color VGA screen in nice, working condition. Preferably with hard drive and ethernet. Also interested in original disks, manuals, and IBM SSK (space saving keyboard) to go with it.
  3. O

Ontario WTB: IBM 3180 terminal, model F 122 keyboard

I'm looking to buy an IBM 3180 terminal and keyboard to go with it. I am willing to buy them separately and know the model F keyboards seem to be expensive. Both need to have clean plastic, no chips or cracks, and work. I want the key for the terminal as well. These will be used with my...
  4. O

Ontario WTB: IBM 3487 color InfoWindow II terminal

I have an IBM 3486 green screen terminal and would like to replace it with a clean, working 3487 color terminal. I know of the 3488 terminal where you can plug in your own monitor, but I want the original 3487 CRT terminal.
  5. O

Looking for memory for PDP 11/45

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will not attempt to work on the power supplies until I've learned a lot more, and possibly with the help of a couple friends who know a lot more about electronics repair than I do. I have a Keithley 2231A-30-3 power supply that may be helpful.
  6. O

I finally got around to pulling the rack out and looking at the power supplies. This is what the 11/45 has installed: H754 x1 +20V 8A, -5V 1A H744 x4 5V 25A H745 x1 -15V 10A H7420 a x2 (no details) There is also a power distribution unit at the bottom. I will attach some photos of the power...
  7. O

Hi, thanks for reaching out to me. At this point in time I don't think I want to sell it.. I'd...

Hi, thanks for reaching out to me. At this point in time I don't think I want to sell it.. I'd prefer to get it working with the rest of the machine. But you never know. If you ever want to sell your TU60 controller, cables and cassettes, I'd be interested in buying them :).
  8. O

Thank you everyone for the helpful replies. I've been buying components for this system for about ten years but never put it all together. Visually it looks nice in three H960 racks, but my goal is to one day restore every component. I am aware that capacitors need to be reformed and have a...
  9. O

When you have time, can you please tell me the make and model of all memory related components you have? For example, if I just buy memory I suspect it won't work without a "memory control" as well. I'm hoping to find some on vcfed marketplace or eBay.
  10. O

It has H754 (x1) and H744 (x4) power supply modules. Regarding your second question, I think you are asking what is written on what I'm told is called the "silly sticker": M8114 FRH fraction high order data path module M8115 FRL fraction low order data path module M8112 FRM floating...
  11. O

Can anyone please help me find the model numbers of alternative memory cards that will work in my PDP 11/45? I'm still interested in original DEC cards for this machine. According to the "silly sticker" on my 11/45, it had two M8110 cards (memory control for MOS memory). The processor...
  12. O

Ontario WTB: DEC TA11 controller for TU60 DECasette

I have a PDP 11/45 and a TU60 DECassette drive. I'm looking to buy a controller and cable for the TU60.
  13. O

Ontario WTB: DEC TC11 controller for TU56 tape drive

I have a PDP 11/45 and TU56 but am missing the TC11 controller. I know these are rare and am willing to pay a decent price for one, plus shipping.
  14. O

PDP 11/45 for sale

Can you tell me what the RK05 platter holder is called? I'd love to buy one for my rack some day. Thanks
  15. O

British Columbia WANTED: Vintage DEC Terminals (VT52, VT100, etc)

I am also looking to buy a VT52 for use with my 11/45 system. I am near Toronto Canada.
Back