• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by OLD CS1

1. OLD CS1

Brand New TI-99/4A Owner with Questions

Apologies for the poor lighting in the images. FWIW, I found that battery holder on Mouser at the time. It is a very low-profile CR2032 holder with the pin spacing perfect for the Mini Memory board. I still have the cartridge in the photos and plan to take some better pictures when I get a...
  2. OLD CS1

CBM 8250 doesn't format ("bad disk")

The directory track for the 8250 will be track 39, half-way between 1 and 77. Standard Commodore DOS scheme. It sounds like you are in for some more in-depth troubleshooting. My experience goes no further than the 15x1 series' and working with drive mechanisms and sometimes a bad CIA. Good...
  3. OLD CS1

CBM 8250 doesn't format ("bad disk")

First thing to note is the 8250 is a 1MB drive. It formats 77 tracks per side on 100TPI disks, similar to the SFD-1001 drive. I expect this means you cannot use standard DSDD 5.25" disks, which are 48TPI, but I do not have working knowledge of this. Otherwise. Does the head move at all, or...
  4. OLD CS1

C64 PSU options for C64 + 1764 REU?

Check out Ray Carlsen's power supplies.
  5. OLD CS1

Other US Areas Redback SMS 1800 : Pay shipping or pick-up

With the apparent uptick of telephony equipment in retro circles, including a couple of exhibits at this year's VCF-SE, I thought someone here might be interested in this. I have pulled the Redback SMS 1800 off our rack, which has not been in use since we switched from providing ADSL directly...
  6. OLD CS1

By no demand what-so-ever, here I am.

Since I exhibit at VCF-SE, I figured I should try not to be anti-social and get into the forums. I can be found on AtariAge, and generally no where else, but now I am here. My exhibit this year will again include "Dragon's Lair" for the TI-99/4A on a MDF-mounted broken-out system (to show...
Back