• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Overmann

1. O

Siemens Nixdorf xpert D990 black screen

Hi, Sorry about the strange title. I had a hard time coming up with something descriptive. I have a Siemens Nixdorf xpert Tower 200mhz MMX machine that I absolutely love, but today I decided to replace the old IDE drive with a CF-card. After detecting the CF (which replaced the CD-rom on the...
  2. O

Front Page Sports Golf Add on courses (Vol.1 no.2 specifically)

Released by Sierra in 1997. This is one of my all time favourite golf games. Hugely influental and overall a very well done game. Still, information about it is quite hard to come by. I only recently discovered that there were released add on courses for the game. The game itself is labled Vol.1...
  3. O

Using new parallel printers on old machines

I've been wanting to buy a 24pin dot matrix printer for quite some time. I have a "new" 9pin Oki ml280 Elite which works perfectly on every parallel system I've tried it with. I'm eyeing the Epson LQ 590II but as it's quite expensive I can't make myself order one before I'm confident that it'll...
  4. O

Apple IIgs ( //gs) wanted

Hi, I'm looking for an Apple //gs, preferably with 5.25" and 3.5" floppy, preferably European but I understand that this might be difficult. Keyboard and mouse is not important and monitor is unawanted :P If you have an Apple IIgs laying around that you're willing to part with please PM me or...
  5. O

My C128d (plastic) just died and I need help

I did some more testing, and as far I can tell they are checking out good so far. EDIT: And I was mistaken, it was not the chopper I had asked about. Sorry about that. There is a lot to keep straight for me here :P
  6. O

So, I'm assuming the one in red is busted. It measures nothing from base to emitter. It sohuld be .65v I suppose :P
  7. O

Ok, I had another look at it and now I have it in a holder and I do indeed measure just over 0.5v. There are four pins, -~~+, measuring - ~ = 0.06v, -~=0.5v, ~~ = 0.5v, ~+ = 0.06v, +- = 0.5v and +~ = 0.5v That was a difficult and confusing way of writing it.. All points measure 0.5v except the...
  8. O

ISA cards don't make contact with motherboard in my AT cases (486 motherbaord)

Hi there, So I've been having an issue. I have a 486 build that I'm trying to put together but I can't find a case that fits. It's a regular AT motherboard and all regular cards, but the motherboard always seem to end up sitting too low in the case. It's the bracket on the ISA cards that make...
  9. O

Hi all, My beloved C128 just died. It's the first computer me and my brother got and it's been with me all these years. I was playing around with it the other day and it suddenly just died. I heard a loud SPARK and the screen went white. At first I thought the monitor had failed (since the sound...
  10. O

Quality of NEW AT PSU's

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone has done any tests or have opinions regarding the quality of some of the new AT PSU's that can be bought online. Personally I've only tried StarTech's AT350, and while they appear to work fine I recently had TWO separate HDD's die in my Amiga 1200 tower within...
  11. O

Make Windows 95 install media from installation

Hi there, I have a SiemensNixdorf xpert machine that has windows 95 installed, and it has all those nice graphics (like SiemensNixdorf logo in Control panel -> System etc.). The machine did not come with any CD's or floppies and I was hoping that there is a way to make install floppies or a CD...
  12. O

Siemens Nixdorf (xpert) Windows install CD or driver floppy disks

Hi there, I'm looking for any driver or windows medium for Siemens Nixdorf (specifically xpert machines) Windows 95 era. Please do contact me if you have any or know where I can download some :) Kind regards
  13. O

Transfering .dsk files to floppies (Tiki-100 CP/M)

Hello, I suppose my issue might be unusual but I am hoping that someone here will be familiar with the norwegian computer Tiki-100. I just got one but I only have a few floppies with programs. However there is someone who has archived a lot of disks: http://www.djupdal.org/tiki/program/ They...
  14. O

A norwegian podcast about retro games, hardware and technology

Hi, I just wanted to let people here know about this new podcast I'm doing in Norwegian. Perhaps someone might enjoy it? We're releasing a new episode every 14 days, and each episode with focus on one particular subject - in-depth game analysis, guests, interviews with notable people, hardware...
  15. O

Parallel printer suddenly not working

I've opened it up but don't know what to look for (not surprising, sadly), but some of the chips are socketed. I tried reseating them but it had no effect. I attached a couple of pictures of the area around the port. I just now realised that the traces are not visible, but I thought it might be...
Back