• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Ozzuneoj

1. O

Epson SD-600 5.25" floppy drive - not sure how to reassemble

Hah, I posted my fix the same time you replied. Yeah, you can definitely reassemble it without the part that keeps the drive from "locking" empty. I don't know if there are any adverse effects if the drive is locked empty and starts spinning, but it's unlikely to be as bad as instantly...
  2. O

Success! Reading the threads linked in my previous post gave me an idea. For one, I left the stupid tiny spring + plastic piece out that allows people to snap the sleeve in the first place. It is 100x easier to assemble the latch mechanism without that pointless part in there, and now curious...
  3. O

Whelp... the glue definitely wasn't strong enough, and it seems the plastic sleeve itself is just too brittle to hold up because it cracked in yet another place as well with a very light turn of the latch. Also, I tried and tried to get that little tiny spring and plastic piece in place (the...
  4. O

Wow, the timing of this post is kind of crazy considering these drives are 30 years old. Less than a month after you posted this I find myself trying to fix the same parts on an SD-600. Someone gave me a Gateway 2000 4DX-33 a couple years ago and I haven't gotten around to working on it until...
  5. O

IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP 486, no post, no beeps, just blinking cursor.

Fixed it! Turns out I didn't wait long enough when testing each RAM stick individually. One of them was incompatible with the system and would prevent it from passing POST but also gave no error codes. The rest of the sticks work fine if I wait for a while. The ones that work have 12 chips. The...
  6. O

IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP 486, no post, no beeps, just blinking cursor.

I'll keep this short for now. I was given a PS/2 as mentioned in the title, but when I power it on it only shows a black screen with a blinking cursor. There are no beeps. I have tried removing the SCSI card to rule out any issues caused by that, and I have tried reseating all of the cards and...
  7. O

1982 Xerox Diablo 620 Daisy Wheel printer on an IBM compatible?

Just throwing this out there... is anyone in the area of Western NY or North western PA that would be interested in this printer and the add-on carriage assembly? They are both in their original boxes. I had to pull them out of storage and I think it would be better if they just found a home...
  8. O

Windows 98 on a Pentium 4 tweener.

Just stumbled on this thread and wanted to post some clarification about the CPU "speed limit"... https://msfn.org/board/topic/177002-15-ghz-too-fast-for-windows-95/ It was a Windows 95 thing and it was apparently also an issue with the pre-release and the absolute earliest version of Windows...
  9. O

NEC Multisync II - Blank white screen?

Thank you for the suggestions. I was afraid it would be that level of repair. For me to do that I'll have to learn how to fix my oscilloscope (it's an old Tektronix 2235 an engineer friend gave me when he moved away 10 years ago), then learn how to use it since I have never really used one...
  10. O

Just wanted to give this a small bump now that I have some time. Does anyone have any ideas as to what would cause the color problems mentioned in my previous post? It's like the colors\brightness are inverted or something, and it does this with both EGA (TTL) and VGA (analog) signals.
  11. O

Okay, more developments! I built myself a 9pin analog "Multisync" to VGA cable (just lopped the end off a VGA cable and put a DE9 end on it using mR_Slug's pinout) and it seems to do basically the same thing as the CGA\EGA cable, so my cable works! Yay! But, that means the problem is something...
  12. O

Those do look handy. I have lots of the solder-type connectors on hand so I'll try one of those first.
  13. O

Thank you! I'll check that. I think I'll need to buy one of these 9 to 15 pin multisync adapters. https://www.amazon.com/D-Sub-15-Pin-9-Pin-Adapter-Cable/dp/B01JDC9RJU Amazon seems to be the best place to get one, but I'm not sure if they're cheaper elsewhere. EDIT: Duh, nevermind, I misread...
  14. O

It is probably not the cable then. Does anyone know of any other forums or parts of this forum where I might find a bunch of people that have done repairs on these? I was thinking of asking at an Amiga site since people use old Multisyncs for those too. With my level of knowledge I'm more...
  15. O

Here is a picture of the monitor running Checkit 3.0. I have tried adjust all of the pots on the left side of the monitor and some would change the intensity\saturation of the colors to an extent, but it's like they're just the *wrong* colors, and the *wrong* intensity. It's almost like...
Back