• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by pbirkel@gmail.com

1. P

Pertec-interface tape controller.

Not my area of expertise/understanding Chuck :-{. I can only suggest either (1) create a new "v2" project in Github, or (2) bundle up your updated source and post it here as a zip (and make reference to this thread in the Github intro). [Or (3) learn Github ...]
  2. P

Pertec-interface tape controller.

Chuck: How about updating your Github site. Please :-}? Or here ...
  3. P

Set of DEC Micro pdp-11 diagnostic disks.

When you have a "spare moment" (ha!), please do :-}.
  4. P

Packing RL02 cartridges for transport

Presumably you haven't dropped them enough :->. (By "sag" I intended to refer to the effects of sudden deceleration, not eons of "creep".)
  5. P

Packing RL02 cartridges for transport

If you have control over box orientation during transfers I suggest packing the cartridges vertically (on edge), the normal storage orientation. Not horizontal (flat) that is more susceptible to forces that might cause platter "sag". However dropped is still dropped, and who knows what the box...
  6. P

DEC units on ebay

CNC controllers were almost always more complicated than what amounted to a "spooler" for a set of pre-packaged signals to the CNC device servos. More commonly the controller accepted a compact description of the tool path (see: RS-273, RS-274, and Gcode) and was used to interpolate between...
  7. P

H7225 constant voltage conditioner

We had an immense (a couple of ft^3) SOLA unit (something like one of these: https://assets.alliedelec.com/v1609412648/Datasheets/8ad8acceed300f4ed5417a38c4cc09d8.pdf) bolted to the wall to supply a PDP-8/L and associated equipment in the early 70's. Although it did hum a bit, it was pretty...
  8. P

SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel

Tom: Could you be specific about the lengths in each case? I still live in SAE-land; metric hardware I don't have much of "in stock". What are the specific advantages of your new design? I still haven't committed to getting the parts printed and am unsure which way to go!
  9. P

Desoldering technique

Indeed they are! I'll need to try some: https://www.aliexpress.us/w/wholesale-Stainless-Steel-Hollow-Core-Needle.html
  10. P

DEC units on ebay

One platter that was held in place by springs; non-removeable, so track alignment was stable.
  11. P

Talk About Vintage Computers......

I wonder if anyone has mentioned "GoTek" to them ...
  12. P

Climate control

Built-in anti-static guard too (residual humidity).
  13. P

Anyone Recognize this Qbus card?

As hobbyists IMO we tend to forget that a lot of PDP-11 installations controlled equipment, industrial processes, and other unique applications, rather than simply doing IT/DP tasks. So there was an existing customer investment in business-specific Unibus-based interfaces that often needed to...
  14. P

Best way to go about emulating micro-ODT

Note that the 11/03 CPU is the LSI-11, not the T11 (which DEC used as a peripheral processor).
Back