• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Pernod

1. P

California Computer Systems model 2422 FDC for Exidy Sorcerer

I can't see how this 2716 would be for a Sorcerer, the code is intended to run at F000-F7FF, so would conflict with video RAM. Did you ever get the CCS2432 working? I'm not aware of that specific version of Monitor 1.2 being found.
  2. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

That's really unfortunate :( I doubt a museum would spend much time with it, apart from adding it to the collection. There's probably not much more I can do with the emulation either, apart from complete the SCSI part of the OMTI board. The floppy part of the OMTI involves too many unknowns to...
  3. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

Still a few mislabelled pins and tags, I'll put together a list sometime. How far do you think you are from actually getting through the boot process? When it comes alive I'd appreciate some photos as my palette handling is still not correct and not obvious what colours I should be seeing...
  4. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

Thanks, not much of interest in there though. It does suggest a working machine should go straight to the Torch logo screen, no mention of what the key disc screen indicates. So presumably my emulation has detected a serial mismatch and wants the key disc to reset things. This gives me something...
  5. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

Perfect thanks. Can you also post a photo of the whole board so that I can identify all IC's and XTAL's?
  6. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

Without the OMTI board connected I'd expect to see something like this: To get any further with the floppy emulation will require a dump of the OMTI firmware ROM.
  7. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

A bit more progress, all self tests have passed, and now boots from a hard drive image. No floppy or mouse support yet.
  8. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

Only documentation I have are the two versions of the service manual that are 'out there' https://bitsavers.org/pdf/torch/triple_x/, and your schematic. I think the Caretaker and the Triple X Handbook would be useful to have scanned. Good to have another Caretaker version, which confirms it was...
  9. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

I think the dark blue suggestion is misleading, what you're seeing is likely correct. You current progress suggests the video RAM and palette are good, but now failing to release the 68010 to run the bootstrap code from video RAM by releasing HALT and asserting RST. Where do you see the 'whoop'...
  10. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

The startup sequence tests the video RAM (first garbage screen), then copies the 68010 bootstrap code to video RAM (second run of garbage). During this process the screen is supposed to be all blue (all palette colours are set to same blue), so looks like you have a palette issue. Are you...
  11. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

Of course, the OMTI 5200 controller board, and databook available.
  12. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

I did notice a few errors with tag labelling, but also aren't clear on the original schematic. Are these the mistakes you refer to? One item I don't see on the schematics, and haven't seen photos of either, is the floppy controller. Presume it's a separate board so can you post some photos of it?
  13. P

Torch Triple X c1985.

Excellent work on the schematics, been looking for these for a few years now. Can you post a photo of the original floppies, so that I can see how they're labelled?
  14. P

Mystery Acorn Econet card

Hope you don't mind but I've re-posted your photos over at https://stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27553, where there's plenty of Econet experts to see it, including one from Barson.
  15. P

Mystery Acorn Econet card

Not seen one of these boards before, definitely Econet but PL1/PL2 are unlikely to be Tube. The data lines appear to go to different pins on each PL connector, and you can't have Tube passthrough as only a single Tube device can be used at any time. Only the 1MHz bus can have passthrough, but...
Back