• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by pjwtrad67

1. P

Question about retro software.

One of the advantages of being a Microsoft FTE (Full Time Employee or "Blue Badge") was your mail slot was regularly stuffed with internal stuff or freebies. I remember finding an Xbox 360 in my mail slot one morning when all the FTE's got a free unit 4 weeks before it was released). A lot of...
  2. P

Question about retro software.

I have in one of my many boxes of junk around 50 CD / DVD disks of Windows 2000 and Windows XP that are labelled "Internal Microsoft Build". These would be nearly identical (build wise) to the ones we sent out to the Beta testers, with the exception of a few Windows 2000 Server disks that were...
  3. P

Came across these 70s era gaming consoles today.

At one of my many haunts, I discovered these 70s era gaming consoles. The store owner says they are original and mint condition. He wants £30 each for the Binatone ones and £25 for the other one. Any suggestions on the collectability of these consoles anyone please?
  4. P

Greeting from Junction City, Oregon, USA

Lutefisk is how Norwegians get their jollies, taking the unsuspecting 18 year old British intern out for a "traditional Norwegian meal" in a restaurant in Oslo in 1985. If cellphones with cameras had existed then I'm pretty sure they would have filmed me gagging as I tried to eat the darned...
  5. P

Someone in Mt. Vernon, WA area with 22Disk?

Up until a few years ago Skagit Bank still used Windows XP for the teller windows. MV is cutely retro. (I mean Chuckwagon is still slinging burgers, or was last time I checked a few years ago)
  6. P

Hello World

Ahh, Usenet. Way to make me feel old, lol. (As I'm sure most of us are on here).
  7. P

Greetings

Hello Peeps, I thought I should add an introduction. I'm Paul, originally a Brit, but have spent most of my life in far flung parts of the world. My story starts in 1981 where 14 year old me started the IT journey with a ZX81 and then the ZX Spectrum. I touched upon various other machines such...
  8. P

Northern Europe Norsk Data ND-100 Compact

As far as remote connection goes, I remember the two dev machines our team used (ND-100s named "ROCK" and "ROLL") had something called ND-Connect installed that allowed me to connect remotely to machines at ND Newbury in the UK from Oslo and to some machines at ND Germany and CERN. As it was...
  9. P

Thanks tingo, this is a lot of good information. I've been using NDWiki and Sintran.com for my schematics and parts list (I was software, SIBAS team rather than the hardware side of the business so it's a learning curve to get this beast back to life again) When I think back to what was stacked...
  10. P

Hi Guys. My first thread. Yay! I'm trying to put together a working ND-100 Compact (a mini-computer manufactured in the early/mid 80s by the Norwegian company Norsk Data). I have various parts but I'm desperate for a copy of the OS (Sintran III) and the Database (SIBAS II). I also need to...
Back