• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by radiance32

1. R

New Video: Hosting a modern website on a retro HP 200LX Palmtop

Hi everyone! I've just released my latest video on my 90's Palmtop YouTube Channel "Palmtop Tube": "HP 200LX: Hosting a modern website on a Retro DOS Palmtop. Will this crazy idea work ?" This is my largest video yet and took a LOT of work to research, prepare, record and edit. I'd love it...
  2. R

Introduction and Info on my HP DOS Palmtop (100/200LX) YouTube Channel.

No problem :) I hope to see you on the HPC:Factor MS-DOS Palmtops forum :) Cheers, Terrence
  3. R

Hi, I suggest creating an account on the HPC:Factor forums (just google it) and making a post in the DOS Palmtops forum, where there are others with HP 95LX'es... Indeed the 100 and 200LX models can read CF cards in CF to PCMCIA card converters standard, however, only small cards by default...
  4. R

New Video: Will It Play ? Budokan with S2P (MT32) on the HP 200LX Palmtop

HI all, I've just published a new video on my "HP Palmtop Tube" YouTube channel: Will It Play ? Budokan with S2P (MT32) on the HP 200LX Palmtop It uses the Serdaco S2P parallel port General MIDI sound card with MT-32 emulation. Enjoy!, Radiance
  5. R

Running Minix, a UNIX-like Operating System on the HP 200LX DOS Palmtop

Hey, Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure, depends on my friends in CHCH and the state of the country with the new covid variant etc... i'll let you know..
  6. R

I'm not too familiar with the internal workings of the Minix kernel, but it does start in Real Mode on the 200LX, and I assume it just allocates what processes request, and if there's not enough ram left, it will refuse to start the process, or remove/kill an existing process that's asking for...
  7. R

Hi all, I'm trying to get a UNIX-like operating system to boot/run on a HP 200LX DOS Palmtop PC from the early 90's... After various options, I settled on Minix 2.0.2 (with special patches and started from DOS). My ultimate goal is, if I can manage the low amount of memory available, to set...
  8. R

Hi everyone, I just found this website and forum and I just signed up :) My name is Terrence Vergauwen, I'm currently living in New Zealand since 15 years, after moving here from Belgium. A few months ago I started a new YouTube channel called "HP Palmtop Tube", here's a link to the Main...
Back