• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by renewedgamer

1. R

Help Locating Replacement Coco3 Power Transformer

Hi All, I've recently acquired a Coco3 that is not receiving power through the internal transformer. I have replaced the transformer with one from another Coco3, and the system boots fine. So, I am searching for a suitable long-term replacement for the power transformer. I am having no luck...
  2. R

CoCo3 Video Output Issue. Shifted pixels?

Hi all, I'm hoping that someone could help point me in the right direction -- as you can see from the attached photos (sorry, I took these with my phone camera), I have an issue on a CoCo 3 composite video output that I am attempting to repair. It looks like some of the pixels in the characters...
  3. R

Video output issues on Franklin Ace 1200

Thank you! I will give this a try over the weekend.
  4. R

Video output issues on Franklin Ace 1200

Hi, I recently acquired another Frankin Ace 1200. This one was not in working condition, but I have been able to get the system to boot, although the video output is not good at all. Very saturated reds/greens. I will post a photo when I get home tonight, but wanted to post this in the case that...
  5. R

Help Identifying this EEPROM

Thanks for everyone's help! I was able to use the info above to safely ID the EPROM as a 2764A, and successfully dumped the contents. I still don't know what it is -- nothing in the dump is giving me any clues, but I achieved my goal and learned a bunch along the way. Thanks again, everyone!
  6. R

Thanks everyone! I should have attached another photo of the entire chip to help answer some of the follow-up questions. Here it is -- a 28 pin package with a glass window.
  7. R

I received this (E?)EPROM in a lot of goodies, and I can't seem to figure out what it is, so I can dump it. Can anyone help me identify some specs for what, exactly I have here? I am a Newbie in this area -- I have just started using the internet to research IC/ROM part numbers, so please let...
  8. R

Franklin ace 1200

Hi! I recently replaced the pads on a recently acquired Ace 1200 -- I used the pads from texelec.com. They are a little spendy, but they worked great and were relatively easy to install: Capacitive Pads for KeyTronic & BTC Keyboard Repair There is a great video from @misterblack here: Franklin...
  9. R

Franklin Ace 1200 ROMs uploaded to archive.org

Inspired by @misterblack I have been getting into restoring retro computers. I recently was gifted a Franklin Ace 1200, and have been acquiring "toys" to help me restore, upgrade, update, hack, etc. retro computers. I took the time to dump the ROMs for the Franklin Ace 1200 and uploaded them to...
Back