• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by rimmeruk

1. R

Re-capped NEC ProSpeed SX/20 stopped working, any troubleshooting suggestions?

I've successfully restored one of those NEC ProSpeeds, very nice machine and everything modular inside. If I remember the harddisk had failed in mine also but it was only 20MB so I don't think there is any point trying to get any use out of that. Are you sure it is 240MB as I took the SX/20 to...
  2. R

RGB TFT VGA Color Panel 6-Bit to 3-Bit wiring help

Here are the results of my quick "bodged" wiring and the lovely colorful BIOS setup screen on the newer VGA panel. Just go to tidy up all that wiring now and put her back together. Oh yeah, I do all my work on the cooker top at the moment but the wife can tolerate me just about. :) The...
  3. R

RGB TFT VGA Color Panel 6-Bit to 3-Bit wiring help

Good New Year to All! I've replaced the tired TFT VGA color screen in old laptop (Amstrad portable) with an almost identical screen. I was unable to find an exact replacement. Using the datasheets for the new panel, I have managed to wire it up to existing LCD cable and I've got a colour image...
  4. R

Amstrad ACL-386 LCD display problem

I know it's over 4 years old this thread but you never know, you might still have it. |TO the far left of the panel are several small trimmers which adjust the contrast, colour seperation, hue, brightness. Over time these need adjusting as the CCFL tubes start to deteriorate. There are 6 CCFL...
  5. R

Repairing stiff or loose LCD screen hinges

Hello guys and girls, Just thought I'd start a thread about repairing laptop screen hinges that become loose or very stiff after years of use. I'm not talking about the actual hinge or plastic mounts, but the metal hinge rotation spring mechanism. The hinges usually have grease or have some...
  6. R

Panasonic CF-380 386SX notebook bios/cmos setup file

Greetings, Been a non poster on this forum for some while, so this is my first post. I've dusted off an old Panasonic CF-380 notebook, looks very similar to a Tandy 2800/3800. Having replaced most of the caps on the mainboard (around 20 of them) which were leaking realy bad, the machine fired...
Back