• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by roadrash

1. R

Parking MFM & RLL 5.25" hard drivess

I just wondered if anyone can help me with this. I have a box full of these old 5.25" MFM & RLL hard drives and need to park the heads on them all. Trouble is I only have a few old IBM's and comparable but none have hard drive controller's that are comparable with the drive type, the XT's...
  2. R

Amiga A2088 IBM PC XT Bridgeboard stopped working

I've had this bridgeboard working in my Amiga B2000 ever since I bought it many decades ago and its never failed to boot up. But recently my Amiga has stopped booting and I removed all the add in cards and found it was the bridgeboard card that's causing it to stop booting. If I remove it the...
  3. R

Determine size of memory Simms and dimms

I have bags and bags of memory sticks that were given to me but most of the really old ones have no markings on them. I know what all the different types are but can never remember how to work out the size of a ram stick going by the number of chips and chip info. for example, I have a memory...
  4. R

Motherboard worth fixing??

I have a pc here with that had a microstar MS4145 motherboard in it. Last year its was working fine but now when turned on it gave 3 beeps and no booting up. I understand this is somethong to do with first 64kb of ram or something like that. Ive tested the ram sticks and they are good although...
  5. R

Looking for someone with GQ-4X programmer

Is there anyone on these forums or knows someone in the UK who has a GQ-4X programmer. I have a vintage Apricot PC that apears to have a failed keyboard controller (Hitachi HD6301V1C19P) and it is one of these controllers that has a little memory area inside for firmware. I need to get the...
  6. R

Help with Apricot Pc keyboard

My Apricot pc that has been working nicely just started having a keyboard problem that stops the computer booting all the way to the Dos prompt when the keyboard is connected. Even if i disconnect the keys to eliminate any stuck keys etc it still will not boot all the way. It has a...
  7. R

Help with undelete on IBM 5170

Just made a stupid mistake because of a typo. I was checking the contents and then formatting any disks that had nothing of any good on them ready to do a backup of my hard disk which had some nice menus and software on it. Dont laugh) but just once I didn't notice a typo that said "format C...
  8. R

Some Commodore PET 2001 Manuals.

I searched the Net first to see if I could find any of these before I scanned them all. There ithe following manauls: 1) Commodore Disk Reference Manual for D9090 D9060 8250 8050 4040 2031 2) Microperipherals-Serial-to-paralell-interface 3) Stack-IEEE-488-Cartridge 4) SUPPLEMENT to the 8032...
  9. R

Help identify some strange PET 2001 objects.

Here are a few items among a box of bits I got with a PET many years ago and decided to sort out what they are. There looks what appears to be: A 4 way user port/hub or sometrhing, A (AM) Centronics interface cable, A light pen, A digitiser tablet & probe, A pcb with various LED's on it??, A...
  10. R

Commodore 2001 PET MUSTEK Synthesiser.

This is a unusual one and one thats not tested and may need some repair work before we can. It is complete except the connector to the one of the Pets interfacesnis removed and there is just a bunch of bare wires. I am sure this is goiung to be very interesting. Ok here are some pictures and...
  11. R

Help with Apricot floppy drives.

My lovely Apricot has stopped reading floppy disks. Not sure what happened but I tried a floppy from my apricot F1 in it to see if it would read it but then after that it would not boot any disks. I guessed it must have been a dirty (oxidide shedding) floppy and removed the drive to clean the...
  12. R

Help to save a Dell Precision 220.

Ive just been fixing another old machine that last year failed to power up. I had it powered up last probably 6 months before that. I guessed it was probaly the power supply which it was as it was the original. I stripped it but then never got back to it until now. I looked at the power...
  13. R

Another Apricot to fix and restore

Hi all and modem7, Just getting started on another old Apricot, this one is a F1 model. Its pretty unique and has a very unique controller for its time. I had to replced the filter cap in the PSU and the floppy drive had it upper read head damaged when a floppy got stuck on it and pulled it...
  14. R

Dell Precision 220

This is a old twin Pentium 3 desktop that Ive had for years then last year the PSU went and I wasnt at the time, able to track down the fault. Well i saw one come up on Ebay cheap si snapped it up. After fitting it I tried to power it up but it only turned on briefly 1-2 secs then turned off...
  15. R

Looking for a Aprcot infrared keyboard

Need one of these if somebody has one.
Back