• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by seaken

1. S

Pentium 4

I've walked by Benjamins a million times. Never stopped in. I'll stop in this year, on your recommendation. Seaken
  2. S

Pentium 4

I think we forget sometimes how slow our GUI's were. I didn't use NT but Win95 and MAC were a dog. I came from DOS so GUI's annoyed me back then. Everything was so slow. The hardware just wasn't up to it yet. A Pentium II 400 was not really enough for NT 4. I have a P-II on OS/2 Warp 4 and it is...
  3. S

Pentium 4

I will probably do the swap meet in June also. But I may be in Newport that week. Not sure yet. I hope I can make it. Never been to one yet.
  4. S

Pentium 4

Well, I must say I laughed at times on this thread like I haven't laughed in a while. That was fun. I am not a P4 hater. But I am a a small business user and I got use out of old cast offs for many years by using XP and Linux. Eventually I did retire all my P4 systems and moved on from XP and...
  5. S

Pentium 4

Yeah, you can skip the current Fruit Loops. They aren't the same.:(
  6. S

Pentium 4

And they changed the Fruit Loops formulas too! Damn I miss those Fruit Loops! :ROFLMAO:
  7. S

Pentium 4

In my opinion, a lot of these systems that are contemporary with the P4 series, whether WinTel or Apple MAC are not really "Vintage". Kids today like to use word like this to juice up their posts, like "epic" or "awesome". These computers are not Vintage, but they can be interesting. Seaken
  8. S

Pentium 4

I have several P4 systems, from the first Willamette with 512MB SDRAM to one of the last, a Prescott HT 3.2E with 4GB DDR2. I use them to play with Linux and experiment. I like to learn about what kind of computing these things can do. I compare their abilities to other systems both older and...
  9. S

Greetings from the High Desert

Welcome to VCF. Seaken
  10. S

Can someone tell me what this external Tandy HDD goes to? I honestly dont remember.

Yes, we can work a trade. PM me and we'll work it out. Seaken
  11. S

What kind of cables are these?

Yes. The cable you have now is for the 5.25" and it uses a card edge connector. If you were to exchange your existing cable with this combo cable you can connect the 3.5" floppy in this picture. And the 5.25" can also be connected at the same time on the other connector, before the twisted end...
  12. S

Can someone tell me what this external Tandy HDD goes to? I honestly dont remember.

I don't know if it will help but I have an unused Tandy 1000HD controller card. I replaced my 20MB MFM hard drive with an XT-IDE and CF card. You can have it if you need it. The old MFM hard drive too (it is flakey - not working). PM me. Seaken
  13. S

What kind of cables are these?

Yes, that cable is very useful. I have used that type many times. It has both the card edge connector and the pin connector on the same cable. But a card edge to pin adapter is also useful when all you have is a cable with a standard pin connector. I have also used the adapter to connect a drive...
  14. S

A very belated hello

Hi @Androda , welcome to the forum. Seaken
  15. S

Southwest Novation Apple Cat II Modem: $500

I still have a POTS line. We plug in the old princess phone when there is a power outage and then plug the cordless phone back in when the power comes back on. Upstate New York, Catskills. But not too may dial-up services anymore to play with modems. I did play with modems and faxes about three...
Back