• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Sendraz

1. Sendraz

Zilog Z80 homebrew computer rs232 problem

Hi, sorry for the delay. I was working on a full schematic of my z80 board. Here it is.
  2. Sendraz

Can somebody identify this siemens monitor?

Yes, i've tried to search for every number on the back. Only this similiar one shows when i search for "siemens e83057" -
  3. Sendraz

Can somebody identify this siemens monitor?

Hello, i just bought an old monitor from my friend to use with my old hercules card, my question is: does somebody have more info about it?
  4. Sendraz

I dont have the schematic yet, but i can work on it tomorrow.
  5. Sendraz

I have tried now to read status register, it returns 00000000, the control register is write only, but i can write to it because could set the interrupts and frequency division.
  6. Sendraz

I've tried polling, with the same result (11101101) no matter what. When i tried to read config registers, it always returns 11111101 in loop for some reason, like the interrupt would trigger every time.
  7. Sendraz

I dont know if there is also a possibility that my chip is just broken. While i ordered it, i noticed the legs on it were looking like they were broken off and soldered again. It seems like the chip receives data from the cpu and sends it to the pc flawlessly, but the Z80 cant read anything from it.
  8. Sendraz

I have added some capacitors, and still no luck. I guess i must go with the dart or sio. Which one is better?
  9. Sendraz

So today i installed a 74ls92 and connected E to ~/IORQ, but still the same problem. The same binary number as on the photos is displayed instead of correct ascii character. Can it be something with using the breadboards? or i just have to replace the chip with other one, more compatible with z80?
  10. Sendraz

Vintage software diskettes and CDs

I live in Poland, so that's far. But i could pay for the shipping if you are okay with sending it.
  11. Sendraz

Vintage software diskettes and CDs

Are you from Europe? That's a really cool collection.
  12. Sendraz

Well, i was thinking about getting an z80 SIO, but for some reason thought that the 6850 will be good, because some other homebrew z80 projects used it, now i know it wasn't a good choice for this, but since i have one, i want to use it anyway. Maybe if somehow it stiill wont work with lower...
  13. Sendraz

Cool, i will go with the 74LS92 because i couldn't find any crystal that has frequency that is divisible, and i will connect E to ~/IORQ.
  14. Sendraz

Okay, i'll replace it with something slower. Thanks.
  15. Sendraz

Hello, i have currently almost built my project, which is a Z80 computer made from scratch on a breadboard with motorola 6850 ACIA with which i have a problem. It is connected to 1.8432 mhz crystal oscillator like the cpu, and i can send data with it from the z80 to the PC terminal, but when i...
Back