• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Smack2k

1. S

Turn Off AT PSU without unplugging

I have to pull the plug on my 486 every once in a while and hit the power button before plugging it back in for it to boot
  2. S

Turn Off AT PSU without unplugging

Hoping someone has a simple idea for me My computers are in a fairly tight space and all wired up nicely. There are times however that I need to completely power off a computer (either by unplugging PSU or flipping the power switch on a PSU that has on). Issue is that I have to move things...
  3. S

Windows 1 / 2

Is it possible to install different versions of Windows 1 and Windows 2 on the same computer, just in different folders for each install? Wanted to try this out but not sure if its even possible
  4. S

DOS 6 22 - D / E / etc Drive space errora

I have tried to install various software on my DOS 6.22 486. Software installs fine on C: with no issues but when I copy installers to my D or E drives I keep getting not enough space errors, even though the Drives have plenty of free space to install the software. Any ideas what could be...
  5. S

Fountain Tech FTN386-25 Motherboard Assistance

Have a Fountain Tech FTN386-25 Motherboard I am trying to find some information or manual on. Just trying to see what the board has, what the jumpers are / memory sizes / etc. It has two BIOS chips on it, one for LOW and one for HIGH. Also, I dont see any cache on the board or anywhere to...
  6. S

Shipping Keyboards - Boxes

Hey all, Wanted to know some suggestions / opinions on where to get and what kind of boxes are good for safe / secure shipping of heavier / mechanical keyboards? Not sure if there is something well known for boxes or if something can be made from other boxes / etc? Thanks for the assistance.
  7. S

Remove Solder from fragile part

Looking for recommendations on removing little bits of solder from some SOJ-40 memory chips so I can install them in a couple video cards. What is best way to get the solder off without hurting the little legs on the chips?
  8. S

Repair a Video Card with Color Issues

Anyone ever successfully fix an old ISA / PCI Graphics Card that displays video but in wrong colors. For example, POST is purple instead of white, etc... I know you can heat them up with a heat gun, but that doesnt usually hold for a fix. Anyone ever fixed one without a huge expense? If so...
  9. S

WANTED - Memory Add-On Board for Matrox Millenium

I dont know the name of the board, but it looks like this I have a 2 MB Millenium and a 4 MB Millenium II (but I think the Millenium II has issues), so am trying to just get memory added to the millenium board for the build I want to do. I also have a 4 MB Millenium I forgot I had. I'd like...
  10. S

WANTED - Memory Add-On Board for Matrox Millenium

Looking for the Memory Add On Board for a Matrox Millenium or Millenium 2 PCI Graphics Card.... Want to set it up with a Voodoo1 for a Window 95 1997 build. Thanks!
  11. S

WTB - Mac Performa 578 / LC 575 Rear Panel

Looking for a rear plastic panel for my Performa 578.
  12. S

Packard Bell AT / XT Keyboard Assistance

I have a Packard Bell GJJ4AK M-8700 DIN-5 XT - AT Keyboard that looks to be missing a plastic circular switcher to choose between AT and XT mode. The hole where the switcher goes is open and I can see a part of the board at the bottom. What would I need to do to replace whatever was in there...
  13. S

8X/ Slower CD-ROMS - Issues with Burned CDs?

I read a couple places that older 8X and slower CD-ROM drives have issues reading burned CDs. Is that true? Or is it dependant on how fast / what speed you burn the disc at?
  14. S

Wanted - 16-Bit ISA Memory Expansion

Anyone know where I could find a 4 MB ISA Memory Expansion Card? I want to give the 286 I am putting together some more memory and the board only has 1 MB.....
  15. S

DOS 5,0 vs DOS 6.22

When I was a kid, by the time I started using PCs (was using Apple's previously in mid 80s, early 90s) DOS 6 and 6.22 were out and installed so its really the only version of DOS I have worked with. I am setting up a 386 PC and was going to install DOS 5.0 on it and I wanted to ask what are...
Back