1. SpaceHobo

PDP-12 #435 at the University of Minnesota Duluth

This is objectively the best comment to that video:
  2. SpaceHobo

This thread now makes an appearance in the following video:
  3. SpaceHobo

Building a PDP-11 from scratch

The floating point unit in the 11/44 had a bunch of the things, according to Wikipedia.
  4. SpaceHobo

Building a PDP-11 from scratch

Didn't @monahan_z make an S100 PDP-11 a few years ago?
  5. SpaceHobo

I was thinking about this while trying to brush up on LINC ASM a little. It seems like the LDA instructions and such make "noise" in AC less of an impediment than they do on the "TAD-only" 8.
  6. SpaceHobo

It seems this thread has caught some attention!
  7. SpaceHobo

And I've updated my avatar to celebrate!🎊
  8. SpaceHobo

Meanwhile, I wish an institution around here would let me do this as work toward a graduate degree! Like, no joke: I would do this toward a masters or beyond at a London university!
  9. SpaceHobo

It could just be a side-effect, like "We did some work and didn't clean up after ourselves. Some of this is probably useful to you, so we'll just leave that state laying about." It was probably the cheapest solution the LINC could do with the unprecedented budget they'd given themselves...
  10. SpaceHobo

So if I'm reading that right, it increments both the horizontal and vertical position; and you reset the one you're not advancing in order to either keep printing to the right, or do a CRLF kind of thing?
  11. SpaceHobo

It was a lot of fun watching your videos on my phone at the pub, and scribbling notes on my copy of the listing. International console-level debugging!
  12. SpaceHobo

Ah, thanks. That was a total "thinko" on my part. Of course the lab-8e could do that: it's an 8-E!

Ah, thanks. That was a total "thinko" on my part. Of course the lab-8e could do that: it's an 8-E!
  13. SpaceHobo

Well, that's quite a relief from our end! The emulator is always easier to repair than the physical machine, of course. I'll keep the extra CLA I just put in, and go do a bit of code-bumming to get the instruction count back down again.
  14. SpaceHobo

I mentioned over in the "What I did to my PDP-8 today" thread that I've been working on a "HELLORLD!" program for the UMN PDP-12. I got it working perfectly under the SIMH branch @vrs42 is working on in his big SVN repository, and was excited to see it run on "actual germanium". Today @pahp...
Back