• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by TangentDelta

1. TangentDelta

AIM-65 PL/65

There's quite a bit of text in the ROM images if you open them in a hex editor. Seems pretty complete to me. I think that the way this PL/65 compiler works is similar to the assembler. You feed in the source code from an input source (cassette, TTY, RAM, disk, etc.) and receive the generated...
  2. TangentDelta

AIM-65 PL/65

These are the same files from Rich Cini's site, including the manual for the disk version of PL/65.
  3. TangentDelta

AIM-65 PL/65

I'd definitely be interested in this as well! I was looking for PL/65 material last week and the only things I found were the ROM images, disassembly, and disk version manuals on Rich Cini's site.
  4. TangentDelta

Looking for Intel iSBC 188/56 Manuals

Hello. I recently acquired an Apollo-branded Intel iSBC 188/56. I was able to find a sales brochure with the specs of the board, and that's about it. I found that the part number for the hardware reference manual that I'm looking for is 148209-001. Does anyone have any leads on this hardware...
  5. TangentDelta

HP 9817 (9000 series 200) HP-UX?

Thanks! It seems like people on there are pretty unsure about whether or not the 217 can run HP-UX. Some people are saying it can't, and other people are saying it can. According to the chart on page 4-2 in this PDF, the 217 supports HP-UX 5.1...
  6. TangentDelta

HP 9817 (9000 series 200) HP-UX?

Hello. I have an HP 9817 computer with a 9133 disk drive. Was HP-UX ever meant to run on this machine? All of the HP documentation I can find suggests running either BASIC or Pascal on it. I've tried booting the HP-UX 5.1 setup disk from hpmuseum.net but the computer locks up after 30 seconds of...
  7. TangentDelta

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

Is there a page or two in there with a big list of the words, and what address the word is located at in the dictionary? Something that looks like this attached image?
  8. TangentDelta

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

I'm using DASMx, specifying the 6301 as the target CPU. I can't use a generic 6800 disassembler because this FORTH is taking advantage of some of the 6301's enhanced instructions. I think I'm going to try modifying EMIT to use the serial port output routine instead of the "virtual screen"...
  9. TangentDelta

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

Here's the ROM image with the patch. I realize that I forgot to attach it.
  10. TangentDelta

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

It looks like there are some words that use other "invalid" routines. If I try to use a word that isn't in the dictionary ("FOO", for example), I get the expected "FOO ?" but then a trap is triggered at program counter address $0000.
  11. TangentDelta

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

I patched the ROM and replaced the offending part of code with something that just prints "W". Now FORTH boots up! I guess we just need to figure what what string printing routine we need to call, or clear out enough space in the ROM to put our own in there.
  12. TangentDelta

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

If you type an "n", the ASCII code for that is $6e. "y" is ASCII code $79. The "rora" opcode rotates the least-significant bit into C. For "n", C is set to 0. For "y" it gets set to 1. If the carry bit is set (by typing a "y"), a warm start is performed by branching to DOWARM. The WARM start...
  13. TangentDelta

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

I've been poking at the ROM as well. I found a good list of routines in this PDF, starting at PDF page 19: http://www.vintagecomputer.net/fjkraan/comp/hx20/doc/tmS_13-14.pdf It looks like there's a jump table at the top of ROM, and address $FF4F is the "Display one character on virtual screen"...
  14. TangentDelta

IRC chat: #vc on slashnet.org

Haven't seen you on #retrodreams in a while.
  15. TangentDelta

Otrona Attache 8:16 Technical Manual

Hello. I'm looking for a scan of the full Otrona Attache 8:16 technical manual. Bitsavers has a scan of the "Theory Of Operation" chapter of the manual, but the information that I am seeking is not present, and the scan is poor. Thanks.
Back