• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by urbancamo

1. U

DEC Legacy returns for 2021 in October on the weekend of 9th/10th October.

DEC Legacy returns for 2021 in October on the weekend of 9th/10th October. Please head over to http://wickensonline.co.uk/declegacy for more information and to register. Any questions can be directed to the groups.io list: https://groups.io/g/declegacy Regards, Mark.
  2. U

Retrochallenge 2021/10 will run in October 2021

Just to let you folk know that we will be running a Retrochallenge in the month of October. Head over to the website https://retrochallenge.org for more information and follow us on twitter @retrochallenge for updates. Thanks, Mark.
  3. U

Handheld Computer / Digital Diary / Organiser with PC connectivity

I'd like to use a vintage computing device for logging amateur radio activations. The requirements would suit a vintage handheld computer from the 1980s or a Digital Diary/Organiser. Standard Qwerty layout keyboard with numbers above. Preferably not clamshell but one piece (if clamshell it...
  4. U

Outdoor laptop

Good evening! I was wondering if anyone could suggest a vintage laptop I could use in the garden that has a transflective display? In the past I've had a TSR-80 and Cambridge Z88 but I would like something with a display that is at least 80x24 characters, preferably large enough to read from...
  5. U

Event Announcement: DEC Legacy is back on 9th-10th Nov 2019, Windermere UK

DEC Legacy 2019 is on! The next DEC Legacy will take place Saturday 9th November 2019 - Sunday 10th at the Marchesi Centre in Windermere, North West UK. With a focus on Digital Equipment Corporation and their legacy of hardware, software and ethos I'm also extending an open invitation to...
  6. U

Event Announcement: DEC Legacy is back on 9th-10th Nov 2019, Windermere UK

DEC Legacy 2019 is on! The next DEC Legacy will take place Saturday 9th November 2019 - Sunday 10th at the Marchesi Centre in Windermere, North West UK. With a focus on Digital Equipment Corporation and their legacy of hardware, software and ethos I'm also extending an open invitation to...
  7. U

DEC Legacy 2018 - 17/18 November, Windermere

Just a quick note to say that DEC Legacy is back again this year on the weekend of 17/18th November 2018. Please see the website for more details: http://wickensonline.co.uk/declegacy/ With a focus on Digital Equipment Corporation and their legacy of hardware, software and ethos I'm also...
  8. U

Retrochallenge 2016/10 Competition Entry is Open!

I am pleased to announce that Retrochallenge 2016/10 - the 'October' edition of the Retrochallenge - will run and is now open to entrants! Roll-up Roll-up! Get those thinking caps on and come up with an excellent retro-computing project. Why not? The Retrochallenge 2016/10 competition will run...
  9. U

DEC Legacy Event, 15-16 October 2016, Windermere, UK PDP VAX Alpha VMS RSX

Greetings fellow DEC lovers! The DEC Legacy Event is back! Meeting at the Marchesi Centre in Windermere, UK on the weekend of October 15-16 2016. With a focus on Digital Equipment Corporation and their legacy of hardware, software and ethos there is an open invitation to those who are...
  10. U

UK DEC Legacy Event 2015, April 11/12 Windermere

DEC Legacy is back for another weekend of fun up in Windermere, North West United Kingdom. Typically there is a mix of DEC/Compaq/HP machines from PDP onwards through VAX, Alpha and the odd Itanium. We also welcome collectors of other hardware - IBM kit has been spotted together with SGI, Epson...
  11. U

Retrochallenge 2015/01 Competition - Entry now open!

COMPETITION ENTRY IS OPEN Welcome to the shiny, new, hemisphere agnostic Retrochallenge 2015/01 – where the /01 means ‘January’. This round of the bi-annual madness used to be called Winter Warmup, but as this is a *world wide* competition we’re finally getting all PC (that’s Politically...
  12. U

Announcing DEC Legacy 2013, October 19th/20th, Marchesi Centre, Windermere

DEC Legacy is back! To be held on October 19th and 20th 2013 at the usual venue, The Marchesi Centre, in Windermere, Cumbria, UK. More details on the website: http://declegacy.org.uk Registration is now open, please follow the Registration tab at the top of the page. Last time the event was...
  13. U

Register now for the Retrochallenge 2012 Summer Challenge

Announcing the Retrochallenge 2012 Summer Challenge As usual the competition is open to all, so come and join us for a legitimized month of playing, hacking and blogging with/about your retrogear. For those of you new to retrochallenge the philosophy is: The summer retrochallenge runs for...
  14. U

RetroChallenge 2011 Winter Warmup starting January 1st 2011

Hi Guys, The RetroChallenge is running again this year for the month of January. For those of us in the northern hemisphere the Winter Warmup is traditionally the more fitting retrochallenge. About RetroChallenge In a nutshell, the RetroChallenge is a loosely disorganised gathering of...
  15. U

UK - DEC Legacy Event, April 17th & 18th 2010, Windermere

I'm organising an event for enthusiasts of DEC hardware and software. It's on Sat 17th & Sun 18th of April 2010 in Windermere, UK. This is a unique opportunity to bring your DEC kit and demonstrate it, chat to fellow enthusiasts, swap kit and pick up tips from the experts. There will be a trip...
Back