• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by vintagetech

1. V

Kaypro II

Which is how I decided it was an 83 model as it only has the two interfaces.
  2. V

Your first Atari, and last?

My first was the 800 I bought around 1982. My most recent was an 800xl in 2006 but in between those I also picked up several more 800s, some 400s, some 1200xls, some other 800xls, a 600xl, a 130xe, the Portfolio, some 1040STfs and a 1040STfm. My 800 was my second computer I ever owned and the...
  3. V

Kaypro II

No mine is the "4", not the "4/84". My understanding is there really isn't a "IV" but that some people tend to use that to differentiate between the "4/83" and the "4/84" but officially it was a "4". So mine would be the model from 83 in this case.
  4. V

Kaypro II

Looked over the "4" I have which appears to be the basic "4". So I seem to have 2 Kaypro IIs, 1 Kaypro 2/84 and 1 Kaypro 4. Next step is to dig into each and clean them up and check them out and see what condition they're in.
  5. V

Kaypro II

The back of my "2" matches the image of the "2/84" shown on the link @haglebu posted above. Looking at the front behind the keyboard it seems to match as well with images there.
  6. V

Kaypro II

Ah thank you! Looking this over and comparing to various images on your site I think this is a "2/84" The back matches that one and the front as well. Need to check the "II"s a little closer and see if my "4" is of a particular version as well from reviewing your site.
  7. V

Kaypro II

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. I checked the backs of the cases and the "2" is different than the "II" as far as ports are concerned. It does say "Kaypro 2" on the backs but no indication of an "X", sticker or otherwise. The "II" just say "Kaypro". I suppose this could be a "2X" maybe?
  8. V

Kaypro II

I have a couple of Kaypro II systems and another with the case showing Kaypro 2. Was there any difference between the "II" and the "2" or did they just change the case labeling at some point?
  9. V

I inherited an enormous trove of vintage computers - want it?

Well I can't take everything but there is stuff I'd be interested in if you part it out.
  10. V

Hello from Houston

True it is just when I think Heath I think earlier systems like the H8 and the H11. When I think Zenith I think of later ones like the Z-110 and Z-120, which are what I have. David
  11. V

Hello from Houston

Hi Mark! Austin is pretty close, have plenty of friends there. Ah I do like the Heath systems but never had any myself, just their catalogs to drool over. Well I have a couple of Zenith systems which is probably as close as I come. My uncle had an H11 which I'd love to have but he thinks his X...
  12. V

Hello from Houston

Hello, new to the forums here but have been collecting and visiting other groups for a long time. You could say I started my collection in 1980 when I bought my first computer, an Apple II+, which is still here and running. Also have my second computer and my third and on from there as it became...
  13. V

Exidy Sorcerer disk drives

That is the best pic of the combo monitor/drives I've seen yet. Most are dark and you can hardly see the front of the unit. Always wanted one of those for my Sorcerers. Instead I have the S-100 expansion box and 2 Shugart 801 drives.
  14. V

NeXTstation Turbo Color Monitor

I tried setting up the mono NeXTstation and it is completely unresponsive. Nothing happens when turn on power. Though I'm not fond of the "power switch" in the keyboard thing so who knows where the problem might be. So it appears I have a dead NeXTstation and a dead Color Turbo monitor to debug.
  15. V

NeXTstation Turbo Color Monitor

This is a 17" and yes I heard a pop from the sound box. I looked and realized I can't plug a mono monitor into a color slab, they have completely different connectors.
Back