• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by zane

1. Z

Is it real?

I think not. I keep hearing recession, but no signs of it besides some corporations hurting, greed. What are your thoughts? I would like to read them. If there is, I want to figure out why my bills are going up, cable and power have near doubled. Stopping here, I smell a rant :o
  2. Z

What to do with an IBM 55 SX? 8555

Hey. Guess I am asking what would you do with one? Any parts in it worth scrounging, trash the rest? No monitor, gonna salvage the keyboard. But not familiar with this, thanks for anything you can add.
  3. Z

MP3 info please, easy I hope.

KIDS! Thinking christmas now, can't keep them in the dark ages so to say with me. So, is the MP3 still a viable format for music? Is that what an ipod uses? I have this Pioneer inno, been sitting in the basement for months unused, it is new come to think of it. It does XM, mp3 and wma. I just do...
  4. Z

Help with Linux info please.

I found some 1986 grey boxed Linux stuff. Linux 1 2 3 and 2 others that seem to accompany it. The 1 2 3 is marked for goverment. Is this anything of interest or value? Thx for any info, my google search was not successful.
  5. Z

How bout a heads up of what to buy.

I am always out buying old electronics, so I am where it is. So what is the is? What vintage computing stuff is hot? I got the old computer part, but what about software, games, cables, monitors etc. I would like to get a general idea, because I am typically the only thing between it(is) and the...
  6. Z

Apple II question

I was reading the fix the yellowing thread and it made me wonder. Is this II spose to be yellow, or was it white?
  7. Z

Requesting IBM 8503 information please.

Hi. I cannot take it anymore, this computer is driving me crazy not knowing what it is. My searches turn up nil so I hope someone can help me here. This computer is in a suitcase, the tower is very small(brown if that matters), shaped more like a small ups. it is 9.5 tall, 5 wide and 16 deep...
Back