• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DEC DIGITAL PDP-8E / TU56 DECTAPE TRANSPORT IN CABINET W/ MANUALS

Well, it ended with no bids - so someone must have got a good deal for USD 5!

Dave
Same vendor has two PDP-11's up with price-in-description (not cheap!). Possibly they monitor here, noted my post, and decided to fix their listing.

They're doing it with other, more modern items, too. I got a hit on my HP Itanium search from them. An RX2800 i4 system listed for bid at $1 but in the description it's BIN for $8k. They say not to bid but to pay the BIN price in the description. I think they're trying to game Ebay and not pay the listing cost for a high priced item? I haven't sold anything on Ebay so I'm not exactly sure how it works. Seems shady to me.

They have over 100K feedback ratings and 62K items listed in their store. Not all items are treated with the $1 bid auction but BIN in the description.

I saw that as well.

There is an 11/45 as well.

There is something not right here...

Bidder/buyer beware. Cash on collection...

Dave

It's a scam unfortunately. The seller also had an early Apple II and an Altair 8800 that I've spotted several times over the past year or so. Also known to list other high value items. Seems to be done using compromised accounts and only stay listed for an hour or two before being removed. I'm guessing they are hoping to catch people by dealing outside Ebay.

I reported this a few minutes after they were listed. I'd suggest others do the same.
It is annoying, along with people like oldschoolartifacts who continues to relist hundreds of items every day
At least now, eBay has started to list the seller name with the thumbnails, now if they would only add a option to blacklist a seller from a search

This eBay scam has been going on for donkey's years.

Dave Jones did a video about this several months ago. (Sorry if he's not your cup of tea).

These scam listing are obvious when you scroll through item listings. I usually report a couple of them every time I see them, too many to report them all.

Report Category: Listing practices
Reason for Report: Offset to buy or sell outside of eBay

They usually disappear reasonably soon, but not immediately.

Oh yeah, "old school artifacts", F' that guy. That seems like some sort of listing practice violation to keep spamming the same listings every couple of days to keep bumping them to the top of new listings.

305blake legitimately sold that exact 8/e system with TU-58 back In November (I happened to recall the linoleum tile floor and white dust😂). The scammers copied his photos and posted them as their own.

It's a scam unfortunately. The seller also had an early Apple II and an Altair 8800 that I've spotted several times over the past year or so. Also known to list other high value items.
Not to mention this is FAR outside his usual business, which appears to be automotive performance upgrades.

ditto al, i've been reporting that guy and also joining in with the others placing bids just to piss him off and waste his time :)

Back