• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

BIOS SETUP utility inside IBM PC/AT ROM

SCSI is typically set for no drives installed in the computer’s setup and then the scsi boot bios takes over and provides access to the drive.

In this case I dont think so... the hard disk has a sticker on it saying "Type 159"
but the Gsetup.exe program only sees 47 different types so I am looking for alternatives ...

SCSI drives don’t present their true geometry, they are just blocks. If it does show to the system with a geometry, it’s just a lie that the scsi controller bios is telling for compatibility reasons. I’ve never seen a scsi drive setup in the bios by picking a drive type.

Make sure that your scsi controller boot bios exists and is enabled. Then you might need to go into the scsi setup and select the correct bootable ID. Or some older cards can only boot from scsi ID 0. If that’s the case make sure your drive is jumpered for ID 0.

In this case I dont think so... the hard disk has a sticker on it saying "Type 159"
but the Gsetup.exe program only sees 47 different types so I am looking for alternatives ...
It would be the first time I've ever seen a case where SCSI disk geometry needs to be entered in BIOS. Also it would be the first time ever I'd see a setup program with that many types. I would just ignore the sticker and assume it works like every other PC SCSI controller + drive setup on the planet.

Back