• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can someone tell me what this external Tandy HDD goes to? I honestly dont remember.

And to clarify....no ones I sold back in day are just like one in your pic.

I had a deal going on with RS in Lexington Ky.
Sorry i meant to say THE ones I sold back in the day...NOT.... no ones I sold back in the day.

It is possible I still have one of these. It was to be sold a few years ago when I cleaned things out but I don't remember selling it.

I do remember if you wanted to add 4 drives there was not really cable kits but using data/control cables from other drives we made our own. That controller will support a wide range of MFM drives. Key is setting up driver to utilize space.

Oh the memories.

I don't know if it will help but I have an unused Tandy 1000HD controller card. I replaced my 20MB MFM hard drive with an XT-IDE and CF card. You can have it if you need it. The old MFM hard drive too (it is flakey - not working). PM me.

Seaken

I don't know if it will help but I have an unused Tandy 1000HD controller card. I replaced my 20MB MFM hard drive with an XT-IDE and CF card. You can have it if you need it. The old MFM hard drive too (it is flakey - not working). PM me.

Seaken
Yes sir happy to trade. You said you need a color composite crt monitor right?

I picked up the 10MB version, the 25-1025 this weekend at VCF, with controller card. I haven't tried to fire it up yet.

The 10MB one was my first hard drive for my Tandy 1000A. I had 2 floppies so I got an external hard drive. Sorry I missed VCF this year.

Powered it on, seems to spin up. No flames shot out of either end (of the computer or myself) , but it does not boot. I sadly don't have a 5.25" dos diskette or anything I want to reformat so it may have to wait until I can get a gotek in and peek around in fdisk.
I made sure the jumpers were set to IRQ 2.

I did hear some rumblings about compatibility with BIOS 1.0.0 and hard disks...

Back