• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

OLPC XO-1

mbliss11

Experienced Member
Grabbed an xo-1 in really good condition. I remember seeing these advertised back in the day and promoting the program. I’ll get doom running on it eventually

IMG_4199.jpeg

I have a couple of these. They're certainly robust and rathe cleverly designed. I also got the Sugar/Linux running on a Netbook at one point, though I can't remember why!

They are cool little computers used to work getting streaming working on them.
Very common computers in my country, also the blue model is faster and have more memory.

Yep, you can tell if it is a C2 or the slightly revised C1LA if the touchpad area is one piece and is completely capacitive. If it seems more like 3 distinct area with the middle piece being capacitive and the two areas next to it being resistive, it's the first revision C2.

Someone has made sure to take care of it. The firmware and software are both completely updated to the latest versions.

Yep, you can tell if it is a C2 or the slightly revised C1LA if the touchpad area is one piece and is completely capacitive. If it seems more like 3 distinct area with the middle piece being capacitive and the two areas next to it being resistive, it's the first revision C2.

Someone has made sure to take care of it. The firmware and software are both completely updated to the latest versions.
Yea the seller said they were original owner and had done the buy one give one program back in the day. Battery still holds a charge and it is in great shape cosmetically. I had heard that it is possible to dual boot xp using the sd card slot on the machine. I’ll have to explore this

Back