• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

New Model 4D with issues

Yesterday I acquired a Model 4D that appears to be in essentially mint condition ($360 including an uninstalled FreHD and Improved Graphics board!) The warranty sticker is intact. However it soon became apparent that there are some problems. The computer will boot Model III DOSes, but not...
  2. J

Model 4P power switch?

Anyone know of a modern replacement for the Model 4P power switch? The light in mine went out, and when I switched it off and back on slowly the light came on but it made the sizzling noise and electrical smell we all know and hate. It still works but it's just a matter of time before it dies...
  3. J

Tandy Assembly: Soldering Station?

Will anyone at Tandy Assembly next month have a soldering station set up? I'm bringing a fairly delicate prototype device that could need repairs, but I'm flying in so I can't bring my own soldering equipment.
  4. J

Model I Replacement Expansion (MIRE)

A very few MIRE units are available for purchase. I've talked about it here before so I won't go into too much detail, but MIRE is a replacement for the TRS-80 Model I Expansion Interface featuring virtual floppy drives on SD cards. The website is here: http://BartlettLabs.com/MIRE/index.html...
  5. J

Orchestra-85 Audio Clip?

Hello, I'm hoping that someone out there would provide an audio clip of an original Orchestra-85 attached to a TRS-80 Model I. All I have is a clone I made several years ago and I want to make sure it sounds more-or-less correct since I'm considering including it as part of a new product. My...
  6. J

Model I Expansion Interface replacement - seeking enclosure ideas

Hullo all, For a while now I've been working on a replacement for the Expansion Interface, which I hope will be of value since the originals are harder to obtain than the keyboard units. The PCB design, for all intents and purposes, is done. I've put a PDF of the layout here (the file is too...
  7. J

Model III/4/4D/4P System Expander (M3SE) kits now available

A new batch of Ethernet modules is being delivered today, so I can finally announce that the M3SE system expander kit is available, although quantities are still very limited. To be truthful I've already sold several of these kits to people who couldn't wait...
  8. J

Model I System Expander (MISE) kits now available

I'm pleased to announce the availability of a very limited number of MISE kits, for those who want to build their own and save some money in the process. Contact me using the email link on the page if interested--I'm not offering these on eBay at this time. See...
Back