• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Compaq portable III PSU cap value

This may be a long shot but I'll ask anyway; I've had a tantalum capacitor in a Compaq Portable III 286 PSU, at location "C16", turn into a roman candle and totally remove itself into another dimension. The only thing remaining of it are the legs and a black soot deposit. I have no idea what...
  2. P

Help finding serial card dos drivers/settings.

I just got a Compaq Portable III which has a 8 bit serial card with 25 pin male d-sub connector. The markings on the card are: Copyright Microversal, SYNKARD, CJC-1187-01, REV 1. Anybody know where to get DOS drivers and jumper settings from. I've searched the posts in this forum and googled...
  3. P

Commodore 128 PLA (8721)

Looking for a Commodore 128 8721 PLA chip. Anyone got one (or more) for sale or know where to get one? Preferably in the UK. ... Phil.
  4. P

A600 PSU on a C128. OMG

I got a flat C128 from ebay which powers up fine. I was going to use the PSU to troubleshoot a faulty 128D when I decided to check the output voltages. It's then that I found it's not a C128 PSU but an Amiga 600 PSU. WTF! This has been powering the 128 for about 3 days now with the only...
  5. P

New UK member

Hi all, I found this site while Googling for yet more info. I've been collecting vintage computers for around 5 years now. My main interest is Commodore history but currently working my through collecting a few early IBM/clones. I have a few restoration projects going at the moment I'm sure...
Back