• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

I cannot seem to configure EMS memory in MS-DOS 5.0

Hello everyone. Sorry to bother you, but I have a weird issue that I cannot seem to resolve. I have a Tandy 2500SX/33 model with MS-DOS 5.0 on it and I am trying to enable EMS memory for an old game I am trying to run. I have EMM386.exe set with the monochrome memory regions listed and this...
  2. F

WTB: Apple Mac LC 575 logic board

Here are the internal pictures and one more external one of the top. I think I found out why the right side doesn't stay down. The clip on the right side is broken, I found a piece of the clip, but not all of it, but I can send that piece with the machine if so desired.
  3. F

WTB: Apple Mac LC 575 logic board

Here are some pictures as I promised - They aren't the best and if there is anything you want more detail on please let me know and I will take a better picture of it. The screen looks very nice. The case is dirty, and very clearly shows that this machine sat somewhere for a while. The right...
  4. F

This is some of the worst Rust Damage I've seen....

If I can get the rust at least removed down close to the metal then I can treat it with an automotive rust product that will seal the rust in prevent it from spreading, I will then seal it with something so it won't have a problem going forward. So far, we have been soaking in a distilled...
  5. F

Here are some additional pictures for everyone to look at - I don't have any pictures of the keyboard, but it looks pretty bad. I knew that going in. I have a key cap remover, so I will carefully remove the keys, clean them and then the plastic cover on the keyboard pcb and it will look...
  6. F

Hello everyone. I found a Tandy 1000HX on ebay for a price that I was willing to pay and it was listed as having corroded terminals on the back but powered on okay. I was worried but I thought since it's coming from a computer and electronics reseller, they at least opened it up and looked...
  7. F

Mag Innovision 15" DX 1595 found.

Hello everyone. I'm not certain that I am in the right place for this, but I am in the process of cleaning my storage of computer items and I came across this monitor. It came to me with a very beat up HP machine several years ago and I just put it into storage without testing it and what not...
  8. F

Are Tandy 1000 TL models really rare?

So for the past 3 months or so I have been trying to get my hands on a Tandy 1000 TL. I have lost every auction and on two occasions the instant they showed up with a buy it now and I went to purchase them, they were gone before I could hit the bloody button. I got outbid again today on a...
  9. F

New purchase was not what I expected it to be. Very surprised Packard Bell Legend I

Some of the pictures I tried to post don't work. I will try and post them again really quick -
  10. F

New purchase was not what I expected it to be. Very surprised Packard Bell Legend I

I took some more pictures this morning. Including the dead battery. It's a 3.6v Lithium, so I'm thinking I can utilize a 3xAAA battery holder for it. The front is yellowed of course, but overall it looks to be in pretty good shape. I think the modem is a 2400 Baud modem. I put in the only...
  11. F

I recently won an auction for what looked like a Packard Bell legend 600X but I was extremely surprised when I received the machine to find a Legend I, which is apparently older. I don't know much about the machine and I am hoping that some of the questions I have can be answered here by the...
  12. F

Just Acquired Tandy 1000 TX and need some parts

Greetings: As the title indicates, we are needing to find some parts for our newly acquired Tandy 1000 TX. We are speciifically seeking the real time clock option that was available for this machine. We are also looking to increase the RAM to the 768K maximum capacity and would like...
  13. F

Just got my original IBM compatible back! Need some help.....

Okay strange issue has popped up. I received the Cache RAM and the Video RAM chip today and installed them and I am having some weird issues. The cache ram is detected and identified but when it is enabled it drops the memory speed. I will attach the cachechk program with all cache enabled...
  14. F

Video: Is Doom playable on a 386?

It took me longer than I had expected to finish this but I got it finished. Here are the results for Doom on a 486DX-33 no l2 cache 8MB RAM on a Headland Technologies HT216 VLB chipset with 512KB RAM with audio through the Sound Blaster Pro 2.0 and Midi provided through a MPU-IPC-T connected to...
  15. F

Video: Is Doom playable on a 386?

High Quality Benchmark High Quality Benchmark Okay, I've finished benchmarking Doom in high quality with all the different number of mixed sounds. Unsurprisingly, The Audio has an almost negligible impact on the game. Difference between 8 channels at full screen versus 1 channel at full...
  16. F

Just got my original IBM compatible back! Need some help.....

Hello everyone. My apologies for intruding, but as the thread title says, I just recently got the first IBM PC compatible Family computer that we had when I was younger back. A terrible Packard Bell Legend 115 Plus. It's an awful machines, but I love it so much. I have a lot of memories...
  17. F

Hello new here and I have a strange problem

Hello. Sorry to bother everyone. I am new to this forum and first I would like to say hello. I have several different machines and a couple just sitting around collecting dust and I thought I would work to fix one of them. I have a Gateway2000 4DX2-66 desktop and it does this strange thing...
Back