• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mag Innovision 15" DX 1595 found.

fallemarg

Experienced Member
Hello everyone. I'm not certain that I am in the right place for this, but I am in the process of cleaning my storage of computer items and I came across this monitor. It came to me with a very beat up HP machine several years ago and I just put it into storage without testing it and what not. I found the specifications on the monitor here - http://www.cmcusa.com/htm/product/hardware/mon/mag/dx1595o.htm The whole monitor was in pretty nasty looking condition when I got it and I wasn't even certain the thing would work.

I cleaned it up the best I could and tested it. The monitor has a decent picture. It has dials for brightness and contrast without the little stop (where it stops on in a spot for suggested brightness and contrast. Sorry don't know the actual term for it.) to make it look best. The front of the monitor is yellowed and of a different color than the rest of the frame. The power button must be made from a different material because it is horribly yellow. Someone clearly tried to clean the monitor without proper cleaning materials because the screen is streaked and I don't have any monitor cleaning supplies here that I know of otherwise I would try to correct it. Utilizing Isopropyl cleaning pads and Scrubbing Bubbles on a cleaning towel I managed to get a fair amount of the grime and gunk off of the monitor. It's not perfect and definitely not a show piece, but as far as monitors go it does work if you need a 15" SVGA monitor capable of 1280x1024 resolution. For whatever reason whomever had this before me got rid of the tilt swivel base *grumble grumble*.

Well as I am looking to slim down the items I don't use, and this is an item I don't see myself using, is there anyone out there that wants it? All I ask for is that shipping is covered from here to you. I will pack it the best I can to make certain it gets to you safely. I don't expect shipping to be cheap though, and you will need to let me know what method of shipping you wish to use so I can give as accurate a shipping quote as possible. Please take a look at the pictures below if you are interested and let me know. I understand if no one needs one, I just don't want to send it to the recycle center. If no one wants it here for one week then I will post it over at Amibay where I also post from time to time and see if anyone wants it there. Thank you for taking a look and have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Nathan

-Edit- I apologize in advance if I have posted this in the wrong forum section. Please let me know if I have.
IMG_20150910_123511434[1].jpgIMG_20150910_123427707[1].jpgIMG_20150910_123421320[1].jpgIMG_20150910_123416075[1].jpgIMG_20150910_123406289[1].jpg

I remember back in the mid 90's...that was the monitor I was drooling over. $350 price tag! I eventually got a refurb/repaired one from a computer company I had started working for. It had been repaired under warranty and they ended up with it for one reason or another...gave them $175 for it. Used it for a good many years...it was a sweet monitor back in the day. Ended up giving it away to someone with an older computer I had laying around. By the time I traded it in for an NEC "trinitron-style" 19" flat CRT, it was beginning to get dim. Would have been tempted to keep it, but monitors just take up so much space......

Wesley

I must admit that I am surprised that no one really seems interested in it here. I thought a nice small 15" monitor for shipping would go like hotcakes. I guess I was wrong. It does make sense that most people would have all of the monitors they need and not need another one though. I didn't think about that.

Whoa, that looks like that might be the same kind of monitor my family had with our first Windows desktop! I know it was a Mag Innovision, and I remember the power button being shaped like that. Don't remember if it had the same type of brightness/contrast controls, though.

I actually think we still have the manual and drivers for it back home. I remember running into them and wondering why they were still around.

MAG monitors were popular in the 90's. I have a 17" model with the jog shuttle in front sitting in the garage collecting dust. Still using my purchased new Sony Trinitrons (plus a couple used ones).

Well, this was unexpected. The monitor was sitting in my living room while I was working on some things and a friend stopped by. He saw it and went bonkers. Talked about how it was the monitor type he used to sell when he worked for a local computer company in the 90's. I told him I was trying to find a home for it so it wouldn't be recycled, and asked him if wanted it and he said yes. Then he asked me to put a 486 system together for him. So the Mag Innovision monitor has found a good home. Thank you everyone that took a look.

Regards,

Nathan

Back