• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Quantum Fireball 1280, TMC-870 and SCSI parity

Hi guys, I am still trying to get as much as possible from SCSI interface for my 8088 XT clone. Once I have successfully set-up FutureDomain TMC-870 controller, I start looking for a HDD larger than 80 meg Seagate I currently have. Recently, I have obtained a Quantum Fireball 1280s SCSI drive...
  2. M

TMC-870 SCSI controller

Hi all, Yesterday I have obtained a FutureDomain TMC-870 SCSI card for my 8088 XT clone. Currently I have Seagate ST-296N 80 Meg SCSI-1 HDD attached to ST-01B controller, working and booting fine with it. Next step is to attach a SCSI CD-ROM. Unfortunately, there is no ASPI support for ST-01B...
  3. M

AST Rmpage/2 memory board

Greetings, all! Recently I have bought an AST Rampage/2 memory board. So was written on a card. However, the board layout appeared to be different from what is present at stason.org: http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/memory-cards/AST-RESEARCH-INC-Memory-RAMPAGE-2.html The difference is shown with red...
  4. M

Some hardware for trade

Hello, I have just created a list of old hardware items from my garage. I am not much interested in selling them, but will eagerly exchange any of them for some other vintage hardware. Here is the list: 8 bit ISA cards Multi IO DTK – FDD, 2*COM, LPT, RTC Multi IO IOAT-3220E, 2*COM, LPT Multi...
  5. M

Real time clock card

Probably all XT motherboards are not equipped with a clock and a battery, so after every boot the time is set to the very beginning. In my XT it is always 01-01-1980. Previously, the multicard with real time clock was used to maintain the RTC. It is "SUPREME CO. IOFX card" according to...
  6. M

ST01-B SCSI Controller

Hi guys, Not long ago I have found a 8-bit SCSI controller produced by Seagate - ST01B. This controller works fine with Seagate ST-296N 80-Meg HDD, but when I connected Panasonic SCSI-II CDROM, it wasn't even detected as a SCSI device by the controller at the very beginning of the boot process...
  7. M

Hi, everyone

Greetings! I am from Russia. My interest in vintage computers started about a year ago when I accidentally found the motherboard of my first computer - "Osborne" 8088 XT bought in 1988. First, I made it boot and now I am going to pimp it to the maximum possible configuration I can reach. I also...
  8. M

Connect 1.2 Mb 5.25" FDD to XT

I am trying to connect 3,5" and 5,25" floppy disk drives to 8088 XT (with PIM-TB10-Z motherboard). All the drives are rather "new" - 1.44 and 1.2 Mb, respectively. I tried different multi cards (8 or 8/18 bit ISA), but in all the cases the result was the same - 3,5 FDD could read and write only...
Back