• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. xmechanic

Xerox 820-II revival!

Well, after 10 years or so of sitting in my back room basically untouched, I got my neighbor kid to come and help me move the 820-II back to my workbench/kitchen table, and proceeded to do a deep clean and inspection of everything before trying to restart it. I borrowed a variac from a friend of...
  2. xmechanic

Need Kermit for Xerox 820-II!

Heya folks, I have a working '84 model Xerox 820-II and although I have a basic install of CP/M (thanks to Bill D.), I have no communications capabilities other than through a host terminal transfer, which works ok for text transfers when saved to disc, but binaries end up corrupted to hell and...
  3. xmechanic

Xerox 820-II - Kermit for CP/M 2.2

Well, I finally got Hyperterm in Windows to talk to my 820-II, but only at 300 baud 7-E-1. Supposedly, you can change the baud rate for the com port or the serial printer port at startup, but I haven't been successful yet. * B7 <cr>(sets baud rate to 1200 bps. on com port) * B7 B <cr>(sets baud...
  4. xmechanic

Xerox 820-II First Run!

First off, thanks to billdeg for mailing me a couple boot disks for my 820-II. They work perfectly, and the 820 actually didn't go up in smoke on startup. Matter of fact it works *very* well. I checked the rigid disc first and although it was partitioned, there were no files on it, so I ran a...
  5. xmechanic

Hiya from the southwest U.S.

Heya folks, Guess I should have started here first, LOL. Anyway, I'm a computer and networking tech here in western New Mexico. Run my own servers on a 4 mbit DSL connection and I enjoy playing around with old systems that I have collected. I've got everything from a Sunfire 280R server, to old...
  6. xmechanic

My Old Toys

Well, here's my toy collection to date. Actually, there's another one that wouldn't fit in the picture, an old IBM 5150 (working) with the original 5151 monitor and keyboard, plus a boatload of original software for it. The others you see here are from left to right: MacIntosh SE sitting on 2...
Back