• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Small PET programming question

Hi all, Small programming question for the PET. The 'Diag Sense' line on the PET userport is connected to pin 9, PA7 on one of the 6520s. This line is an input by default, but the schematics I've seen indicate this line as bidirectional. Anyone know if it is possible to set this line as an...
  2. B

California Wang 2246-C Workstation : $100 OBO

Looking to sell this Wang workstation, I believe the model number is 2246-C although the sticker is gone. I got this years ago intending to repair and do something with it but looks like we will be moving house soon and it's just too big and heavy to bring along. Current status: I don't see a...
  3. B

TRS-80 Model 1 L2 ROM board question.

Hello again, Have my model 1 almost working now, with exception of the L2 ROM board. This is a 3-chip board, version 1.2 roms. If I have the romulator z80 connected and replacing the address space 0x0000-0x2FFF, It boots and runs. I am wondering about how the ROM select actually works for the...
  4. B

California WTB TRS-80 Color Computer (1 or 2)

Looking for a CoCo 1 or 2, working or not, cosmetic condition not critical. Will pay for shipping to California, USA. Thanks.
  5. B

Source for TRS-80 Model 1 Character ROM contents

Hello, I'm in the process of fixing a Model 1 which has a bad character ROM. It's only slightly bad - most of the characters look fine, except some have a single dot which I don't think should be there. I was able to read in the character ROM and re-render all the characters as an image, which...
  6. B

Wang 5506 (maybe) Terminal Information

Hi all, Looking for a little information on a Wang Terminal - It looks similar to pictures of a Wang 5506 I've seen in dredging around the internet, but I'm not completely sure, I couldn't find an obvious model number anywhere on the unit. There is a serial number KZ4561, but that didn't yield...
  7. B

Why were some DC adapters center ground, shield positive?

Whenever I see a device that uses a barrel-jack DC adapter where the center pin is negative and the shield is positive, I feel a mild annoyance. Seems like the device is daring me to destroy it by accident. I was wondering if there was an actual engineering reason for doing this, apart from...
  8. B

Transferring data from a 486 laptop (Canon Innovabook 10C)

Hi all, Looking for a decent way to transfer the contents of the HD on a Canon Innovabook 10C, circa '94. It has the beginnings of a game I was trying to make using Turbo C back then, along with some other things it would be nice to keep. Copied a few things over with floppies and a bridge...
  9. B

Help with testing for PETdisk MAX 2.0

Hi all, For the PET aficionados here, wanted to let you know that I recently did a redesign of the PETdisk MAX device to use a new, more capable microcontroller (ESP32 vs ATMega1284) and I'm looking for a few people who would like to help test out the new version with some PETs. The primary...
  10. B

WTB: Single 6561 (VIC) chip for a VIC-20

Looking for a replacement VIC chip for a VIC-20. Have one with a missing VIC, would like to get it going again. Thanks. Located in California, US
  11. B

Another PET in the repair queue.. 2001-8 with 28-pin rom sockets

Hi all, Doing some repairs on yet another PET, this time it's a 2001-8, the earlier board with 28-pin ROM sockets. Before doing some more in depth investigation, here's a quick report of the symptoms. The CRT has some issues, looks like the raster is messed up in some way. But I unplugged the...
  12. B

PET 2001 adapter board for RGB2HDMI

Hi all, I recently made a little board to bring the video signal from a PET to an RGB2HDMI board, using a custom profile on the device. Currently this works on a homebrew protoboard, but will get the pcbs in a few days. It uses a single 74LS02 to combine the vsync and hsync into a composite sync...
  13. B

Extension cable for Mac SE/30 logic board

Hi all, I have an SE/30 which I've been working on on and off, it is stubbornly simasimac and I'm trying to diagnose it. It would be much easier if I could test the board without putting it back into the chassis every time, does anyone know of a source for an extension cable for an SE/30 logic...
  14. B

Powering a PET 2001-N from a bench supply?

Hello, I wanted to see if it was possible to power a PET 2001-N board directly from a bench supply instead of going through the transformer/regulators. On this machine I was using a ROMulator to replace ram, so I first removed all the RAM on the board, which as far as I could tell was the only...
  15. B

A few RaSCSI bare PCBs available

I have bare RaSCSI v2.3 boards that will be arriving from the pcb fab in a few days. RaSCSI is a project which uses a Raspberry PI as an emulated SCSI device, more info here: https://github.com/akuker/RASCSI I ordered 5 of the boards, will keep 2 to build and can pass along the other 3, for the...
  16. B

Repairing pillaged PET 2001-8

Hi all, I finally got around to attempting to fix a 2001-8 that I got years ago. This one has had a bit of a rough ride, the case is very rusted and the board itself had all of its ROMs pillaged. The CRT is also disconnected, it's in storage somewhere and need to dig that out. Using a ROMulator...
  17. B

Differences between Apple II and II plus motherboards 

Hi all, Can anyone help point out the visual differences between an Apple II (original) and II plus motherboards? I may get the opportunity to buy an original II, and want to be able to tell the difference. Looked at a few examples but wasn't sure if I could spot the giveaway differences. Any...
  18. B

A few BlueSCSI PCBs available

I ordered a few BlueSCSI PCBs from gerbers, looks like I will have 3 extra. If anyone is interested I can send one to you for postage. Located in California, US.
  19. B

Any projects to interface a 5.25" drive as a USB device?

I was curious if there were any projects around to directly interface a 5.25" floppy drive, hd or otherwise, as a modern USB storage device? I imagine you could do this either by using a FDD ISA controller card, and then interfacing with that, or by talking directly to the floppy itself. This...
  20. B

Mods available to deal with spambot?

If any mods are around and can deal with the 'herbsandcure' spambot, that would be nice. Thanks
Back