• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

VAXstation issues.

So my old VAXstation stopped booting recently. It worked when I last shut it down, but the next time I flipped the switch, nothing. The power supply fans start, and the status LED's turn on (1111 1111) but it never progresses. Nothing is printing to the terminal and nothing else lights up. I've...
  2. T

Pdp 11/23

I think it's time my PDP finds a new home... I've never been able to get it to work, but that may be due to the fact that I don't know how to use it, or perhaps a lack of equipment. I know for a fact the power supply is good, but other than that I know nothing. It has: 2 M8186 CPU boards, one...
  3. T

UNIX PC on eBay

A UNIX PC showed up on everyone's favorite auction site recently. As I computer I've been looking for, I jumped when I saw it, but then I looked at the price. $300 + $100 for shipping. And someone has already even bid on it! It seems to be in good shape, and it's booted as far as a login prompt...
  4. T

Wanted: VT100 Key caps

I managed to find a keyboard to match my shiny new VT101, it works great but is missing a bunch of key caps. Specifically: Set Up Escape 1 Tab Control 0 All 4 arrow keys Shift And from the number pad: All 4 PF Keys 9 2 0 Minus Comma Period Enter So does anyone have any of these, or know...
  5. T

DEC VT10x Keyboard

And now I have managed to acquire a VT101 :mrgreen:........ without a keyboard :evil:. The way I understand it, any VT10x keyboard with a 1/4 inch plug will work. So does anyone have an extra one? Let me know! Thanks
  6. T

Wanted: DEC RRD42 CD-ROM caddy

Does anyone have a spare disk caddy for a DEC RRD42? The part # is: 30-34512-01. Or, is there a different part that will work? The only ones I've been able to find are running at around $90! Thanks, Tom.
  7. T

So now I've got a VAX

(Or a VAXstation that is!) It's a 3100 m76 with 32mb ram. It came with a rz24 but I figured that was a bit small, so I stuck a Compaq 1gb drive in there, and I had an old IBM cd drive that it likes. I've even got a switch with bnc networking, so when I manage to get a OS loaded it'll even be...
  8. T

PDP's in Hollywood Film

In Swordfish (2001) Stanley (a hacker) access a PDP10 in the basement of his college to get some source code for a virus. Thats all they show though..
  9. T

WTB: AT&T UNIXPC, DEC VAX, BeBox

Just a few computers I've always wanted! AT&T 3b1 (UNIXPC, PC 7300) DEC VAX, or microVAX, or anything that will play nicely with 4.3BSD BeBox I can fix most problems, so anything that doesn't work but has potential will be entertained. Let me know what you have!
  10. T

My newest (and oldest) system! -- Apple //c

I finally have a computer that truly qualifies as vintage! It's an Apple //c that came to me from my girlfriend's grandmother's attic! It came with a color monitor, mouse, off brand joystick, a big box of floppies, and all the documentation for everything ever. The "u" key was the only thing...
  11. T

UNIX for a 486?

I'll be trying out OS/2 sometime tomorrow. Not a permanent solution though, I'm deadset on *NIX :D . I spent a little time getting X to run on this thing and here's how it turned out: It actually runs decently fast, but not enough to use it full time. FreeBSD seems to support every bit of my...
  12. T

UNIX for a 486?

My 486 system is a Compaq prosignia vs with a 486dx2/66, 96 megs of ram, and 1gb SCSI drive on a Adaptec 1540cp isa card. Right now it runs FreeBSD 3.3, but I'd like to get back to something more traditional (like sysV). Does anyone know where I could come up with disks or images that would play...
  13. T

WTB: AT&T UNIX PC and BeBox

Two computers I've always wanted but never seem to be able to find. The UNIX PC would preferably be a 3b1 (not that I would turn down a 7300). I would like them to be intact, with at least functional boards. (I can do things like drive work myself). Other than that I don't really have any...
  14. T

And another hello!

It seems that I actually registered with this forum some time ago, though I can't for the life of me remember why, I never posted anything. But I'm here now for real! I have a small collection of "vintage" systems, mostly mid-90's Pentium II/III towers, a couple laptops, and several servers. OS...
Back