• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

5150 Keyboard Malfunctioning

Recently I pulled my 5150 out of storage and it wouldn't boot. I followed this guide removing the failing tantalums and it all worked fine (I never go round to replacing them though.) Now when I boot up and begin typing the keyboard throws out occasional incorrect characters, goes upper case...
  2. G

5150 Full height drive bay face plates

I know many doubt that IBM ever actually sold a single 5150-001 (16Kb, no floppy, cassette only, TV out), it makes me wonder whether the face plates that presumably covered the empty drive bays were ever available as an off the shelf part. Has anyone actually seen them or have a picture? Thanks.
  3. G

IBM PC 5150 Powerup failure.

Hi there, Today I unwrapped my 5150 (64-256k Mobo) which had been in storage for about 2 years. Before today it had always worked fine. At today's power up, I flicked the power switch and the FDD light lit up for a second then off. Switched off machine and tried again. Same thing. Then I...
  4. G

The PCjr Joystick

I've got a 5150. I like the jr IBM joystick and afaik IBM never released a branded IBM joystick for the original PC. Is it an easy conversion to create an adapter plug? Also, did IBM ever do a branded Cassette deck for the jr?
  5. G

5152 Printer

I'm in Australia so postage'll be the killer here I spose. Also, if anyone has "Microsoft Adventure" I'd sure love a copy of that. Thanks.
  6. G

5150 Cassette questions

1. Was there ever any commercially released cassette software for the 5150? 2. I know the device was referred to as CAS1: but is there any way to access it under DOS? That is, is the ONLY way to use it being out of Cassette Basic itself? 3. Was the Cassette port on the PCjr the same as the DIN...
Back