• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

Northgate Elegance 386 Cache Upgrade

I have a Northgate Elegance 386 33 MHz motherboard that has 64k of cache installed (factory default). I would like to upgrade it to 256k (maxed out). There are 10 (2 for TAG?) MCM6288P20 cache chips installed. These are 22-Pin DIP, rated 20NS, 64x1K SRAM made by Motorola. Looking on...
  2. I

Super PC/Turbo XT BIOS 2.5

I recently found out about this replacement BIOS and wanted to put it in my 5150, but it seems the download link is not functional (http://www.phatcode.net/downloads.php?id=101&action=get&file=pcxtbios25.zip) and I can find no mirror or other copies of it anywhere. I am aware that some people...
  3. I

Characteristics of the Oldest IBM PC/AT 5170s

I recently managed to acquire two IBM 5170's that were due to be scrapped from a church. I opened them up for cleaning and restoration. In one, was a 1986 dated 8 MHz model that had a damaged and unusable motherboard. In the other was the oldest dated AT motherboard I have seen. The tag says...
  4. I

IBM 5170 PC/AT Type 3 Motherboard Needed

I recently acquired two 5170s due to be scrapped. One of them has a type 3 motherboard, (8 MHz, 256k RAM Chips, 11/15/85 BIOS) that is damaged beyond repair. I am in need a replacement - this computer was going to be put to work running old applications but not without a working motherboard...
  5. I

386DX-16 Industrial Single Board Computer - Keyboard Issues, etc.

I recently acquired a 386DX-16 Industrial SBC by Texas Microsystems Incorporated (TMI). It is a typical full length ISA card that plugs into a passive backplane. I am unable to find documentation or jumper settings for it, but that aside I can't get a keyboard to work with it. In an AT-type...
  6. I

Sound Blaster 2.0 MIDI does not work in IBM 5150 PC

Hello everyone. I have an issue and was hoping I could get some feedback. I have Sound Blaster 2.0 CT1350B (DSP v2.01) and it I cannot get the MIDI to work properly in my IBM 5150. The digital sound works fine, but FM doesn't give so much as a peep. The Sound Blaster 2.0 test program detects...
  7. I

5150 Mainboard Troubleshooting

I have been troubleshooting a “64-256k” 5150 mainboard and I just cannot figure out what’s wrong with it. I’ve never had a 5150 that I couldn’t fix, but I think this is going to be the first one. There must be something wrong with one of the non-removable components on the board because every...
Back