• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

I need help deciding which PC to keep

Hi. I'm running low on space and some of my vintage computers will have to go. I'm really overwhelmed trying to decide which IBM PC to keep. I need to choose between a 5150 and a 5162. The 5150 is the OG but, on the other hand, the 5162 is quite rare and special. I need to tell you that I'm in...
  2. M

Apple IIe video ROM

Hi there! I decided a couple of months ago to enhance my Apple IIe. Since I had a 65C02 CPU and some 28C64 EEPROMs on hand, I unearthed the EPROM burner... When it was the time to burn the Video ROM however, I realized that I needed a 27C32. I don't have any 27C32 but as they have a similar...
  3. M

Tandy CM-11 and IBM 5153 issues

I'm having issues with my Tandy 1000TX. I was first using it with a CM-11 monitor, but it is out of focus so it is really annoying. Because of that, I changed the CM-11 for an IBM 5153. However, the 5153 started to make a high frequency sound that is almost unbearable. I would really like to...
  4. M

Tandy 1000TX memory expansion

Is it possible to add 24bit address RAM expansion? I know the TX only has 8bit ISA slots, but I'm wondering if there is any CPU socket expansion piece of ingenuity out there... Thanks.
  5. M

Commodore PET 2001-8 value?

Hi guys. I have the opportunity to acquire an extremely low serial number PET 2001-8. It's a Blue label and screen trim model in very decent shape. However, it's not working and the screen only displays that classic non-working-PET garbage. How much do you think it is worth? Thanks.
  6. M

Wanted: Apple II Integer ROMs

I know... they are as rare as it can be... :( But, I need a complete set to replace the AppleSoft ROMs in my II... So if anyone still has some that can share... :D
  7. M

IBM 5155 cards help

Hi there! I just got an IBM 5155 in very nice condition. At first, it was really pleasant to realize that the hard drive was upgraded by a previous owner so now it runs on 32MB! :wow: However, the fact that it didn't show any sign of CGA snow was what captured my attention. So I decided to look...
  8. M

Tandy color monitor is too bright

Hi folks! I have a very nice Tandy 1000TX that I enjoy playing old games with. However, the Tandy CM-11 monitor is too bright, even when I lower down all brightness. This is specially annoying for the white color. What could be wrong with this old guy? Thanks.
  9. M

AppleColor monitor not maintaining focus

Hi! I have this AppleColor monitor which works with my Apple IIgs. The thing is that it is out of focus. I tried the, for me scary, open bucket tuning twice and it worked for a while. But after a couple of days off it turns on completely blurry... like it doesn't likes to wake up :D I know...
  10. M

Apple II power key replacement

Hi everyone, I was lucky to find a very nice looking and working Apple II from 1978. It has very few cosmetic issues, but there's one in particular that I would like to fix. The problem is that it is missing the top of the power key. This machine has the first type of keyboard, the one with the...
  11. M

WTB: RAM SIMMs for IBM PS/2 30/286

Hi there! as the title says, i'm looking for the rare SIMM modules for the IBM PS/2 30/286. I have the stock 1Mb (4x256Mb) and would like to upgrade to 2-4Mb. Thanks.
  12. M

IBM 5150 won't start up

Hi there! i finally made the transplant from an ATX PSU to my 5150 PSU. I know it works as i tested it with an 286 motherboard (i thought it was dead but it worked just fine :D). Unfortunately when i connected the "new" PSU to my 5150 motherboard ... nothing happened! Not a single beep or...
  13. M

ISA 16 bit memory card project?

Hi there! First things first: I'm completely noob in this posting thing. I've published this same post but in the WiKi section for hardware, so if someone can help me correct or erase that post i'll appreciate it. Now, back to bussiness, i would like to know if there is such a project going on...
  14. M

ISA 16 bit memory card project?

Hi there! I would like to know if there is such a project going on in the vintage computers space. As usual, memory cards are scarce and going up in price. Not to mention that old cards with tons of diyng memoriy chips ... so a small card with even just one simm sounds useful ... Thanks. Jose.
  15. M

I think i killed my 5150 today!

Only bad things can happen when you live in a 220V country and import 110V equipment... Today i pugged my beloved 5150 with a fully functional 110V psu directly to the wall and PAF!!!! It was really scary!!! I was so angry with myself that i was only able to put it back in te closet. I just...
  16. M

LCD monitors for vintage computing/gaming

Hello people! I would like to know if anyone uses small LCD monitors for regular vintage computing/gaming. I was thinking of something like this 10.4": They do VGA (640x480,800x600,1024x768), AV and analog TV. They also come in 8" sizes but i think they are too small. Thanks. Jose
  17. M

Wanted: list of wanted computers missing in my collection

Hi! i've a pretty nice collection of personal computers from the 80's but there are a few that where scarce or never sold in Chile. So, if someone here has one of them and wants to ship (USPS would be just great to keep S&H costs as cheap as it can) to my little but beautiful country, please PM...
  18. M

Only need a good PC emulator for my Mac

Hi all! ias much as i love vintage computers (mostly apple) i don't have the time nor space to play with them every time i want to. So, i have to play with emulators. And i have a bunch of very good ones running on my OS X machine. What i'm missing is a good emulator for an IBM PC. One that has...
  19. M

VGA card/IBM 5150 configuration

Hi there! i've been trying to configure my 5150 to work with a VGA card. I've tried all combinations for SW1, but still get the three bips on POST (beeeeeeep beep-beep) that i found to be a video card error code. I have this card...
  20. M

WTB: Multitech MPF-II

Hi there! I've been looking for a long long time to get one MPF-II. Lots of great memories ... Thanks. Jose
Back