• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. U

WANTED: IBM PS/2 Model 80 CD-ROM bezel and Memory Expansion Card

Hi there! I am looking for a 5,25 bezel for my Model 80 to install a CD-ROM unit. Also, I am looking for a MCA memory expansion card that uses SIMMs. I am located in Spain. Thanks! :)
  2. U

XGA-2 card and LCD problem.

Hi! I have moved to a new house since the last time I wrote here and I brought my loved IBM PS/2 Model 80 with me. It has a XGA-2 card and I connect it to a 19' Hannspree LCD TV screen (with VGA input) and it works BUT... Problem is that I can't see any of the DOS checks (black screen in...
  3. U

WANTED: IBM PS/2 Model 30 - 720K floppy drive 72X6067

Hi there! I'm looking for a working condition floppy drive for my IBM PS/2 Model 30 8086. It has to be a Mitsubishi MF353C-499MA, 720K drive. P/N 72X6067. Mine has just died and, although I am making a cable to use a standard 1.44 drive, I want to keep the PS/2 in original shape. I am from...
  4. U

IBM PS/2 Color Monitor 8515: It blew up!

Hi, folks! Well, it blew up but not literally... My beloved 8515 has just died. It suddenly made a loud "buzz" sound, burnt plastic smell and it turned itself off... but, forever? That is the question. Now, I plug it, turn it off and the green light turns on but it makes a "buzz" sound and turn...
  5. U

Floppy drive for Toshiba T2130CT

Hi, folks! I am looking for a floppy drive for my Toshiba laptop T2130CT. I think that the one on the T2130CS is also compatible. Thank you!
  6. U

Toshiba T2130CT - Floppy drive issue

Hi, folks! I have just purchased a T2130CT (486DX-75, 32MB RAM and WIN95) a couple of weeks ago and it has this issue with the floppy drive: - I insert a disk and it does DIR, COPY, DEL, etc. without problems. - If I FORMAT a disk, it makes the disk useless. Both FORMAT and FORMAT /Q. It could...
  7. U

Wanted: XGA-2 MCA card

Hi, folks! I am searching for a XGA-2 MCA card for my PS/2 Model 80 (8580-A31). Thank you!
  8. U

Wanted: Cx486DRx2 CPU

Hi! I am looking for this CPU to upgrade my PS/2. I can pay with Paypal. Thank you! :)
  9. U

My new PS/2 Model 80!

Thank you all for your nice words and advices! Definitely, will use OS/2. As an IBM nut, I had always wanted to try it! I leave here this nice pics of the innards -before the cleaning process- for your enjoyment :-) Cheers.
  10. U

My new PS/2 Model 80!

Hi there! Here I am introducing you my new beast. Here it is, my "new" PS/2 Model 80 (8580-A31) in all its glory! Wow, what a surprise! I was used to models 50/55 but never saw one like this. This baby is huge, near 60cm tall and weighting almost 25Kg. Phew! The power supply is huge and...
  11. U

Wanted: Floppy drive for an IBM PS/2 Mod. 80 (8580-A31) and extra bezel.

Hi there! I am looking for a floppy drive with bezel for my PS/2 Mod. 80. Also, it would be great if I can find an extra bezel for my current drive. It would be better if the seller is from Europe, to have cheaper shippings costs. I can pay with Paypal. Thank you in advance! Regards!
  12. U

My first 5 1/4 floppy drive and its issues

Hi people! I have just received my first 5 1/4 floppy drive, a Panasonic JU-475-5. It came along with a bunch of disks, including a pair of Windows 3.0, so cool :) I connect it as drive B: to my Pentium I Intel AN30TX motherboard and does not detect it. I configure it as a 5 1/4 1.2MB HD in...
  13. U

Problem with QDI US491P3 mainboard - dead?

Hi there! Here I am with this 486 mainboard recently purchased at a flea market. I cleaned it well, changed the big blue battery with a button cell and powered it on. It does nothing, no beeps, nothing. I tried to: - Use various CPUs. Tried a DX2-66, a SX-20 and a SX-40. Tried every possible...
  14. U

Hi there!

Hi! My name is Rafa, from Cádiz, Spain. I arrived to this forum looking for some info about the QDI US491P3 mainboard, which was my most recent adquisition :) . I'm 29, grew up with an IBM Aptiva equipped with a 486SX-33 and 4MB RAM bought back in 1995. Now, I have an Aptiva boosted to a 486...
Back