• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Various questions about Mac Classic II

I have a nice specimen of the above coming to me. I know the SE/30 is superior, but I like the look of the Classic II better. This will be my very first vintage mac (I've had OS X machines for the past six years). I wanted to ask a few questions about the capabilities of these machines. Is OS 6...
  2. M

Software for Windows 1.0

I never took Windows seriously back in the day, so I don't know if there are any applications other than the ones supplied with Windows itself that are worth running or even exist. Googling "windows 1.0 software" brings up very little. Is there anything specific I should be looking for or any...
  3. M

Setting up a CF card in a 5170

I'm getting my IDE controller in today and I've got my 4GB CF Microdrive and an IDE<->CF adapter sitting here waiting for it. I successfully put AMI bios into the machine and ready to go. I'm just wondering how I should expect to set this up. I'm seeing that only around 500mb of the drive may...
  4. M

IBM EGA Memeory Daughter Boards Fully Loaded

I know a couple of people were looking for these. I just received the one I ordered in the mail and installed it. It's the real deal bringing your original IBM EGA card up to a more useable 256k...
  5. M

Memory Size Error and Non system disk on 5170

So I final was able to boot my 5170. On the initial memory check it gets to 3200KB (out of what should be 4736kb) and says 380000 00FF 201-Memory Error 164-Memory Size Error-(Run SETUP) I can then hit F1 and continue. It then tries to boot from the HDD which brings up a constant Non-System...
  6. M

AMI Bios for IBM 5170 Rev 3.

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone out there has a set of these or could burn me a set. I considered doing it myself, but the cost involved in getting the writer and chips for just a single use seems silly. I need these for installing an IDE controller and a 1.44 drive. I'll be happy to pay for...
  7. M

Fully loaded IBM 5170 arrived. Would like to ID cards

So I just got my IBM AT from eBay last night. I don't have monitor to completely test it yet, but Stone is sending me one, probably as we speak (though I'd still like a 5154 if anyone has one). I seem to have really lucked out on this. It's a late model 8mhz machine according to the board layout...
  8. M

5170 attached to TV

Hi, folks. I've got a 5170 coming in today with what I assume is IBM's standard EGA card. I noticed that the card has what look like RCA connecters in the back. Since I'm still working on getting a monitor I'm wondering if the card will connect with a TV set? If so are there any jumpers I need...
  9. M

Photo's of EGA screens

I'm trying to buy a 286 with an EGA display in the marketplace section, but that's starting to look unlikely. My main need for the system is research on how an EGA monitor displays it's pixels - the textures and color quality. I had one of these machines in my youth and I'm hoping to make...
  10. M

WTB any 286 with EGA Adapter and Monitor

Hello there. I'm looking to do an art project involving old software and specifically need to run them on an EGA display. I wouldn't mind having official IBM parts, but clones are ok too. In my youth I had a Beltron 286 with a math coprocessor and a generic EGA screen. An HDD would be nice too...
Back