• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Help with jumper for DTK PII-151B FD card and IBM 5150 64-256KB MB

I am such a dope!! I had SW1-1 ON !!! NO floppy attached to system !!!! I switched to off and the DTK card is good. !! In fact I checked several FD cards I had been tested with, (thinking they all could have gone bad) But they all work great. I was getting frustrated with this seeming simple...
  2. K

Modem7, I did not get the bios message when JP5 was open. Perhaps I was unclear in my previous post, sorry. Chuck(G) I'll pull the chip when I get home and report back.
  3. K

Chuck(G) Thanks I made a small but important typo. The FD is a Teac FD-55BV not BR. This is a 360Kb drive. It too has many jumpers, but boots as is with 286 clones, to PIII's. Removing JP5 get no response from the system. No initialization after POST or FD bios message. The MB jumps directly to...
  4. K

I have this card https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/io-cards/C-D/DTK-COMPUTER-INC-Floppy-drive-controller-PII-151B.html and a IBM 5150 64-256Kb MB. The MB boots fine. I do get a 131 error, but I am using a modern PSU without -5v I can not get the FD to boot. I using known good Teac FD-55BR drives...
  5. K

Possible to Convert Model M Terminal KB to DIN or PS/2

Hi, Odd question but I seem to have an IBM Model M Keyboard Part Number 1394204. This is terminal keyboard. It has an five wires in an RJ45 connector coiled built in cable. I do not have the right screw driver to up this yet. But is it possible to wire in a more standard DIN or ps/2 cable and...
  6. K

5160 256-640KB Motherboard Showing 1/4 Installed RAM

E2 !! Jumper was missing! All Good Now. 640Kb !!! I looked over minuszerodegrees pages about jumper settings for 5160 MB. The info about this E2 jumper is complex. Perhaps additional simpler note about if this is missing you only get 25% of you ram showing. ( but it is quite possible I...
  7. K

Here you can double check I have the right ram in the right banks. perhaps dyslectics kicked in...
  8. K

Seems to pass all ram tests. I think the video card switch set wrong but still works.
  9. K

modem7 Q1 This a just acquired board. Q2 Yes, and already have supersoft for XT, one made by landmark, other burned by me a few years ago (supersoft v1.2). and mono video card & screen for test output. Q3 Yes Running SS v1.2.....
  10. K

Good thought ! Checking ,,,, They are the 05/09/86 ROM's. That is last version from IBM. They look original to the board. These should see 640Kb. I looked over the board with 10x glass. Other then a little dirt here and there that wont seep away, everything looks good. No scratches over the...
  11. K

Thanks for the very quick reply. No I did not do that mod. It should not be necessary for this board. That mod is for the 64-256 XT MB's This is a 256-640kb XT MB and is able to handle 640kb un-mod'ed according to this page: https://minuszerodegrees.net/5160/ram/5160_ram_256_640.htm I am not...
  12. K

I have a IBM 5160 256-640 KB motherboard. (the brown one) It is showing 1/4 the installed ram. I have just the board with 1 row in bank 0 of tested good 256KB 150ns ram and just a video card. nothing else The ram counts up to only 64Kb !! The MB SW1 3, 4 are set to ON so only bank 0 is enabled...
  13. K

RIFA Caps replacements to have on hand?

Thanks everyone !! I know much more about these then before ! I did some more digging on digikey and found the X1,X2,Y1,Y2 options in the film capacitor selection with no values entered. it was on the very right most column, it was two screens fills to the right! Not the easiest thing to find...
  14. K

Thanks for the replies! I understand, but I like to put things back that I take out. My upbringing I suppose. So my question still stands. Some links would be most helpful.
  15. K

Hi I would like to have a small supply of RIFA cap replacements on hand for when I might need one. But I do not have the vocabulary to find what I need on mouser or digi-key. They would be for like apple II line PSU's, AT PSU's, Printer PSU's, Mac PSU's, etc. I know I need .1uf X's and some...
  16. K

Comm Port Troubles GA-5486AL

Quick update. I tested all 3 mice on a Thinkpad with 98 on it. All mice work normally. So that eliminates one issue.
  17. K

Comm Port Troubles GA-5486AL

Hi, I got this board: https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/gigabyte-ga-5486al I have installed Win98se, but I can not get a serial mouse to work. The comm ports, & pins in the MB are labeled. I found a serial cable header and I have the red side of that small ribbon cable connected to pin...
  18. K

How best to display a working Raptor X windowed HDD ?

Well this seems good after a search about cases. Any idea about a side mounted option in the 'normal' case window? Or a "test bench" that shows off the HD?
  19. K

How best to display a working Raptor X windowed HDD ?

I have one of these Raptor HD's with a window that shows the arm/head moving inside. It has always been a shame to hide this drive in a case. I would like to be able to see it doing its thing in a working system. Are there any suggestions about how to show off this drive working in a case...
Back