• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

800k Floppy drive keeps ejecting when it gets power

Made a thread a while ago that my Mac Plus's internal floppy drive didn't work, I tried fixing it but still didn't work so I swapped drives from a Mac SE. Now when I power it on it makes the eject motions and keeps going through the motions as if trying to eject something. I have rechecked the...
  2. R

My First C64

Got it off Craigslist for $30, probably the second most interesting meeting from that site. Anyways it has the box and Styrofoam for both the C64 and Floppy Drive, cords and everything. Kick is that I don't have a tv to see if it works! I plugged it in just to see if the power light will turn...
  3. R

Internal Drive in Mac Plus not reading, what do I look for taking it apart?

The built in drive from my Mac stopped working, insert disks but won't boot from them(just ejects them), I have to use the external drive to boot. After boot it says disks can't be read and wants to erase the disks. But they do work in the external floppy drive just fine. I was planning to...
  4. R

Issues with my External Hard Drive

So this evening I have been trying to get this hard drive that came with my Mac Plus back to life. Upon start-up it would say the disk was damaged and if I wanted to initialize it, I would and rename it. I found the software for it and had it do a format for the drive, I took pictures of the...
  5. R

Back into Vintage Computers with a Macintosh Plus! Some questions of Course

Just acquired today a Mac Plus. Came with a external hard drive, external floppy drive, full keyboard, older mouse, printer also, not to mention a nice size box of software :o All of it works, the hard drive has some quirks though. So first question which is the most complicated: The Hard...
  6. R

Need to remove the entire case off Compaq Portable

I believe as I said in the general discussion thread, that a capacitor or something burned up in the power source. The biggest problem now is trying to figure out how to take it out. I can't access it from the bottom, I can't get to it from the top. The only possible way I think is to take...
  7. R

Completely new to this, have kind of a lot of questions

Hi so I recently obtained a Compaq Portable computer dated 1985. The previous owner received it but never powered it on, though the owner before him said it worked. I powered it on but only the fan turns on and nothing else(I was thinking at least something would show on the screen or a noise...
  8. R

Entering the Vintage Computer World

Well today I got sort of my first Vintage computer. A Compaq Portable for $5. The cover is stamped on the inside dated Feb 13, 1985. Have lot's of questions about it, which I'll ask in the general section. I'm in college right now and I think this would be perfect for having fun with as...
Back