• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

PS2 Mouse Bracket - wire color mapping

Hi, I bought the following: http://www.datapro.net/products/ps2-panel-mount-to-pcb-motherboard.html It has 4 colors: Red, Yellow, Orange, Brown Would anyone know how they map to the PS2 pins +5V, Clk, Gnd, Data? I have the pinout diagram for my motherboard, so obviously I need to confirm...
  2. T

486 Motherboard with PS2 connector - is it possible to get bracket for it?

Hi, I have got my hands on a DFI Itox G486VPC motherboard: www.dfi-itox.com/pages/support/mbd/486vpc/G486VPC.PDF It has PS2 mouse connector and COM ports built into the motherboard. Is it possible to get a rear bracket that has PS2 connector plus 1 or 2 COM ports, for this motherboard? Or a...
  3. T

Newbie questions re EPROM programming

Hi, Thank you to ChrisCwmbran for writing a really good intro to EPROM programming. I have some real newbie questions about EPROM programming. 1) I am guessing that different companies manufactor the same standard EPROMs and so they end up with similar names. Could I assume the following are...
  4. T

486 Computer with MR BIOS - please help with hard drive parameters

Hi, I have got a 486DX33 with the following bios: MR BIOS (r) Copyright (c) 1993, Microid Research Inc. Ver: V1.54-HT34407 The FIxed Disk options for this BIOS are rather primitive. Looks like there is no ATA support. It has: Type Cylinders Heads Precomp Landing Sectors Translate Xfer-Mode...
  5. T

General ISA question - what devices used the minus 5 volts rail?

Hi, I have read on the internet that the -5V was rarely used at all. Would there be a list of ISA devices that actually used the -5V rail?
  6. T

Was there ever any ISA IDE controllers that supported DMA transfers?

Hi, I would be interested in knowing the best possible IDE controller to use for my 486 computer. It looks like all ISA IDE controllers only support PIO transfer modes? Was there any that supported MWDMA-2? Thanks Tom
  7. T

General question about ISA bus and memory layout

Hi, We know that IBM made some mistakes designing the IBM PC/XT. One mistake was mapping interrupts to Intel CPU reserved IRQ numbers. Why didn't IBM design the ISA bus with fixed memory / IO Port locations? IBM could of assumed the PC would never have more than 8 slots. So the ISA socket could...
Back