• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Amstrad CTM644 colour monitor flickering

Hello all I bought an Amstrad CPC 464 that came with a colour monitor. The thing powers on, and the games load, but the monitor flickers something rotten. I have checked the wires which seem to be fine, testing the connection doesnt seem to make a difference. I took the case off, everything...
  2. P

Commodore 8032-SK suspected RAM fault

Well, I did exactly as you said, replaced UA 5 and UA 19, and got this Dave, you are a scholar and a gentleman and couldnt thank you enough.
  3. P

OK! I think we might be getting somewhere and you might have been right all along Dave. Piggy backing every chip resulted in the same b432 error every time, though once across 15 I got ?syntax error in 1542yr sp, but it might have been me not setting the other chip correctly and it went back to...
  4. P

Thanks for the advice guys. I tried the sys 1024 thing and got the following Not exactly what I was expecting, nothing happened. So does that mean the memory locations are dead? Or did I just do something wrong?
  5. P

So I was reading an old thread, and Dave_M (thanks!) suggested typing print peek (1024 +56) and showing the result. Heres mine: Now I am not really any the wiser, but I am hoping you guys can tell what might be going on. The guy with the issue also said that he took RAM from a ZX spectrum...
  6. P

Hello all I posted a few days ago about an 8032-SK that wouldnt turn on at all. Deep cleaning solved that, but now when booting up, it says "b432 bytes free" which someone pointed out isnt correct. I tried to run a RAM test located here: http://www.commodore.ca/manuals/PET_RAM_test.htm and I...
  7. P

8032-SK showing b432 bytes free

Hello again. I did post about my 8032-SK not booting, but I solved that issue, probably more luck then judgement to be honest, after a deep clean she was fine, tough I expect a previous repair had earthed the wrong thing. Anyway, I was showing some images to people, and one person noticed that...
  8. P

Commodore 8032-SK not doing anything when plugged in

Hello all A bit of an in depth first post (Hello all!) So I bought an 8032-SK, lovely little machine. Well, it LOOKS lovely. There was no plug on the wire, so I replaced that, but plugging it it and turning it on, nothing happens. The CRT hums a bit, but no display, it doesnt brighten, it...
Back